Michigan 31 Wisconsin (10)....17 - Post Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 31 Wisconsin (10)....17 - Post Game Thread

Don't mess up your time zones if you want to watch the KO. Opens @ M -4, Home field +.

After we saw yesterday's debacle this is looking more and more like a loss. Wisconsin isn't that good but there's a theme floating around that McNamara may have been concussed in the first half targeting hit. He was undoubtedly checked out by medical staff and passed whatever they test for but nothing else explains his sudden accuracy issues except the whole team might have experienced the yips when Rutgers was making mince-meat out of the front 7, minus Ross, getting extended drives, hitting big passes. Along with that M couldn't sustain anything on O. I blame a lot of that on the coaches who weren't putting the players in the best positions to win. It seemed like in the 2nd half, after the first two possessions Gattisbaugh decided McNamara couldn't hit targets and ended that for him ....... there were just a lot of downs burned v. Rutgers that just didn't make any sense. Something was up with that.

ND showed that they couldn't run against them (looked like they knew that going in) and Wisconsin is vulnerable to the pass. That was Jack Coan at QB carving Wisky's D up. I'd wager a health McNamara or McCarthy is a better QB than Coan. I'm skeptical McNamara is 100% in the head - either mentally or he actually was concussed. McCarthy at QB? No idea. You can be damn sure that Haskins and Corum aren't going to get a lot of yards.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

I think Wisconsin will throw the exact defensive scheme against Gattisbaugh that Schiano did in the 2nd half.

And ..

I think Gattisbaugh will have no answers for it, even though they have a week to prepare. That is their history.

Agreed on the McNamara differences, Jeff. When you could see his face on TV he had a blank look about him. Maybe he's trying to imitate his HC, but it was there nonetheless. I don't like to cast doubt on Michigan's medical personnel, but I still wonder if he's okay.

In the coaching matchup, I'll take Chryst over Harbaugh every day. I cannot believe that M is considered a favorite in Madison. Chryst will drill that into his boys' heads all week long.

M will lose this by multiple touchdowns. They have been exposed on both sides of the ball, and the spiral begins here.

I'll enjoy the good, and expect the bad.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Wisc game all depends on one thing - the play calling. Who calls the game: 1st half Rutgers or 2nd half Rutgers.? Rutgers makes the halftime adjustments to our running game and what happens? We find we can no longer run off guard or off tackle so we continue this as our staple play. We're a running team so that's what we do. Duh. Take what the defense gives you. The perimeter was there so take it. Vertical passing routes are ignored. WTF.

At least Wisky lost. Maybe they're as play calling inept as we are. Then we have a chance.
      I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

I have seen people speculate that MacNamara may have been slightly hurt on the targeting play, but you might be overthinking it. He probably just sucks. How do I know that he sucks? He is a QB playing for Jim Harbaugh.

Opens @ M -4, Home field +
        LMAO. holy shit this has to be a misprint. Wisky will win by no less than 17. This will be a repeat of 2019.
        Last edited by Hannibal; September 26, 2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

M 31 Bucky 16. Can't see that pathetic Bucky O scoring more than that.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Unranked Bagels are 1.5 point favorites over #14 Michigan. 17-14 Bagels.
            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

In their last full season of games, the Michigan Wolverines are 6-6. In their last full season of games, the Wisconsin Badgers are 5-7. Michigan's defense doesn't force opposing offenses into a lot of turnovers. Wisconsin's offense has turned the ball over nine times in three games. Michigan's coming off a second half in which they scored no points and gained 47 yards against Rutgers. Wisconsin's coming off a fourth quarter in which they were outscored 31-3, giving up three defensive and special teams touchdowns and turning a winnable game against Notre Dame into a blowout loss. Michigan's lost its last five games at Camp Randall. Wisconsin has lost seven straight games against ranked teams.

Michigan vs. Wisconsin. Somebody's gotta win.

Comment

I'll be in Lisbon Portugal tomorrow morning around 6am local. It'll be Midnight EST. No time to do my usual reading up on the upcoming game and I'm glad to let it go for a while. Almost had me sucked back in. But here's my bold prediction sans any homework (I took a lot of exams in college like that):

Wisconsin 24 - Michigan 17.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Crack kills.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Since the Rutgers game was 2019 Army all over again, I'll go with the 2019 Wisco game again.

Wisconsin 35, Michigan 14.

Comment

That sounds about right, Hanni.

Michigan doesn't adjust. They don't fix problems that are exposed by inferior opponents.

They shove their heads in the sand, and pretend everything is fine "because they're 4-0".

M is the WORST 4-0 team in the country. About to be proven.

Comment

I feel strongest about betting U on the O/U of 43.5.
                        Wisconsin’s defense looked strong vs ND until the 4th quarter happened. Envision this being a slugfest. Both teams want to run the ball. Low scoring. Could be like the 14-7 game in 2016.

M wins 20-17. M -1.5.
                        Just barely on a last second FG by Moody. First win in Madison since 2001.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Your optimism is unwarranted.

Comment

Keep the dream alive! 5-0!

Slight optimism, but not much. Warning signs are there…
                            The only thing that would surprise me is McNamara balling out.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

S
                              A
                              N
                              D
                              B
                              A
                              G
                              G
                              U
                              S