Michigan 32, Nebraska 29. Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 32, Nebraska 29. Post Game Discussion

I think Linesman's continuing immersion in BPONE is wearing thin. I do agree with him that Martinez can do some damage and the Black Shirts aren't terrible.

Two points:

One: Harbaugh hired McDonald to build a defense that could beat OSU. OSU runs a spready but still inside power offense. There's the threat of option ball and McDonald is purportedly working on defeating that. The Rutgers game was a test run of C3, a decent if not perfect offense v. Neb. This turned out to be a more radical test of soft zone coverage that didn't work. Lessons learned at little cost except the cost of whining fans. For M v. Neb, the DTs a weak spot against a good OL (Wisconsin was not that) are less important than really good DEs (protect the edges), LBs crush the gaps and/or clean up outside, a hybrid S that covers Martinez (Dax Hill). M is fine here.

Neb is going to move the ball but not score a lot of points. M will do both.

Two: M just pounded one of the best defenses in the country on the road. Wisconsin's D is >> than Nebs. Not sure but I think Neb's back end D is not great. I'll know more later.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Let the sandbagging begin!

I just hope Michigan is able to bring home all the boys safely. Leave no man behind!

Comment

M 37, N 13
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        M 37, N 13
        I have it 31-21, M wins. But close enough.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

........... not signing on to that until I see some match-ups and some decent tape on Neb's approach to the passing game. Particularly interested in the accuracy of Martinez's long ball and the ability of his receivers to get open on the regular. Also will be looking at how Neb's TEs and slotty guys run their routes.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I had this one as a “pick ‘em” coming into the season. Favored by 5.

Comment

M scores more points than the team wearing red

go blue college football GIF by Michigan Athletics

Comment

I think Linesman's continuing immersion in BPONE is wearing thin.
                If I knew what BPONE meant, I might be offended. Bah... I'm not offended anyway. I'm speaking what I believe. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and it won't be the last time.

That said, I don't know how anyone could watch how Nebraska destroyed NW and not be impressed. I watched the game and NW never had a chance. Nebraska smothered them.

Frost absolutely hates Michigan. Fact. He's had this game circled for a long time. His team is peaking at the right time.

I still think the Huskers win by 7 or more.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Nebraska is a powder keg ready to explode. Just ask defending West Division Champion Northwestern. Michigan never plays well in road night games and now they have to go against the greatest Husker of them all, Adrian Martinez, the only 3-time captain in Nebraska history.

Our straight forward running game will look like WWI trench warfare. Little gains, lots of death. Harbaugh will adjust by imploring the troops to “run harder”. Eventually, Michigan will open it up by throwing underneath on 3rd and 10 for a 3 yard gain. Those will be the good times.

Frosty has a signature win there for the taking. They won’t screw it up.

Comment

...and just like that...liney's sandbagging was overtaken...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      ...and just like that...liney's sandbagging was overtaken...
                      Nice try, sir.

You know as well as I do that Frosty has the guys ready to play. This is about as far away from sandbagging that I've been all year long.

2-3 weeks ago, I'd have given Michigan the edge. After last night, no way.

Comment

Liney...I found your Christmas present...
                        Attached Files
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          Liney...I found your Christmas present...
                          I love it, but I'd have to defer to the gentleman from Alabama. Followed closely by the attorney from Ohio.

Comment

If M wears blue pants, it will be:
                            M 45
                            Nebraska 20

If M wears white or maze pants, it will be:
                            M 23
                            Nebraska 30

Trust in THE blue pants.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Nebby came out with the triple option vs. the cats. Pat Fitzgerald looked sheepishly and resolved as he had a post game interview, saying the coaching staff was caught by total suprise with it. We want Martinez to throw the ball by the way. As much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X