No announcement yet.

Michigan 33, NWU 7. Post game thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparty can run the ball and throw the ball, M hasn't played anyone like that really. I'm not that scared of Thorn but the defensive backs could be exposed if they aren't getting pressure.

Comment

• M fans that are paying attention see specific flaws in the football team that casual observers from outside don't see. I've made my case for several flaws that are going to be barriers to getting through MSU, PSU on the road and OSU at home and that assumes M is going to win v. IU and the Terps.

Failing to put the two worst teams in the Big away at home with dominant performances suggests they may struggle at home v. IU and Maryland and will probably lose to OSU at home. M certainly has a tough road ahead v. MSU and PSU. Someone at mgo writing the UFR is going to have tape that will support the problems diligent posters here have identified that will cost M the wins they need to take the Big East crown.

I like CGVT's "20 teams......." take. M is certainly among those 20. They're not elite. Not even close. If given a ton of luck M somehow manages to come out on top of the BT East, and then beats the BT West champ in CCG, they'll get rolled by a match-up with any of several SEC teams that might get a slot in the CFB playoff or OU. Yes, M's running game is as AA describes it ...... against non-con opponents and the bottom feeders of the BIG. That run game got stoned by good defenses.

Without a competent passing game off of PA or RPO or an effective RO game to get by a competent defense that keeps Corum and Haskins in check M isn't going to survive November to claim a championship.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 23, 2021, 03:06 PM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The only thing positive that happened today for M's chances, is that PSU got beat. There might be just a slight crack in the door to pull off an upset there in Happy Valley. I mean its the slightest of cracks, but its there. They won't win with an offensive performance like they had today. And NW showed that our corners can be beat with accurate passes. That's right up the alley of MSU, PSU and especially OSU.

The real test of this team comes next Saturday. This will be the best team they've faced all year, playing at home, with 2 weeks of preparation, and a rabidly-hateful crowd roaring against them.

If they handle MSU convincingly, I'll agree that they have a chance to run the table, .. including an upset over OSU.

I don't think that's happening. I think reality sets in next Saturday. Its going to be up to OSU to bring MSU back down to earth.
        Last edited by lineygoblue; October 23, 2021, 05:58 PM.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, well Michigan was supposed to lose to Washington, had almost no chance of beating Wisconsin, was going to lose to Nebraska and was in danger of struggling against Northwestern. How did those work out?

Sparty is definitely beatable.
          Indiana should be a W
          Penn state couldn’t beat Illinois, at home, with Clifford
          Maryland should still be in the ACC

Yeah, ohio is still ohio. I’ll give you that.

7-0 heading into this is still better than any of us would have expected.

Comment

• TBC, I don't give a shit about this game now. M won. What's the use of over analyzing it to death.

I'm totally focused on Sparty. With the PSU loss, this is a separation game. The league leader will emerge between M and MSU. OSU will be there so, for now, it's a 3 way race. M can make it a 2 with a win in EL.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
              Yeah, well Michigan was supposed to lose to Washington, had almost no chance of beating Wisconsin, was going to lose to Nebraska and was in danger of struggling against Northwestern. How did those work out?

Sparty is definitely beatable.
              Indiana should be a W
              Penn state couldn’t beat Illinois, at home, with Clifford
              Maryland should still be in the ACC

Yeah, ohio is still ohio. I’ll give you that.

7-0 heading into this is still better than any of us would have expected.
              Sparty IS beatable, but I think that will happen when they face OSU. M still has too many exploitable weaknesses on defense, and MSU has the weapons to do it.

Agree re: Indiana. They're not 2020 Indiana.

Agree PSU is faltering, even with Clifford. He's probably trying to play hurt, like Henne did. Winnable, but will need a great effort like at Wisconsin.

Maryland needs to go to the AAC, and take Rutgers with them.

No need to even speculate on OSU.

I originally predicted 6-6 for this team, with a ceiling of 7-5. They have 7 wins, and are likely to win at least 2 more. The remainders are 2 coin tosses and one walkover for OSU. So, I am obviously wrong about their record.

I still can't visualize them winning at EL. I'll eat crow with a smile if I'm wrong.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• UNL had Sparty beat in EL. HARBAUGH!!! will have his way.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                X