Michigan 29, Indian 7 - Post Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 29, Indian 7 - Post Game Thread

MSU @ Purdue got Fox's Noon Time slot and M slid to the night game. That sucks. Glad I didn't plan on attending. Night games in November in Ann Arbor suck.

The national press was all over Harbaugh yesterday evening and it continues today on Sunday's sport shows. Finebaum, not unexpectedly, panned him as not even the best coach in the state of Michigan. This after he was hired with the expectation that he'd compete at the national level for championships and with other elite coaches. There is no getting around his pitiful record against P5 teams with records > .500 and there is little doubt that he has reached his ceiling. His losses to MSU and OSU are infuriating to the Michigan fan base and you can see that in reading any of the numerous Michigan football blogs. Sports fans are laughing at him and the once proud Michigan Wolverines.

Given M's blueblood status and history of winning, it's hard to imagine he survives but, unless he resigns, the NFL isn't going to hire him back and Ward Manuel isn't likely to embark on a coaching search anytime soon. So, we're stuck with him.

Anyway, the Hoosiers are a mess. Injuries to key players have crippled them. They are winless in the BT and the only team to achieve that dubious distinction. Despite yesterday's catastrophic collapse in a loss to MSU, M remains a good football team. There's going to be a hangover from that crushing defeat and how each unit plays IU is hard to predict. I'm not doing any kind of analysis. It would be a waste of time. M should win this game handily even if they're playing at 75%.

I'd like to see Harbaugh allow Gattis to continue to work McNamara in the passing game and get a decent balance of run/pass. Sure, M can probably win this contest without throwing much at all but the offense needs to practice the timing and route running of the passing game. They will need it against PSU. How the team plays, how few execution errors it makes will predict the outcome v. the two pending road opponents, PSU and Maryland. Cut down on the self inflicted mistakes and M is entirely capable of finishing the BT season at 10-1...... I know most of you here, excluding Wiz and Talent, don't share that outlook.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 31, 2021, 11:06 AM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

GIF by South Park

Comment

MSU did not draw the Michigan Homer crew of Joel Klatt and Gus Johnson on Big Noon Saturday. They have the 3:30 game.

Comment

omg.. "Michigan Homer Crew of Klatt and Gus Johnson"....

You really need to stop sniffing glue. Its bad for your health.

The entirety of Fox Sports H.A.T.E.S. Michigan, and especially Harbaugh. I'd wager that no sports outlet in the country is happier today that Michigan lost to MSU than Fox Sports. ESPN/Disney/ABC will run a close second, but Fox has NO love for Michigan. None.

Re: Indiana v Michigan... who cares. Anything of value this season is gone. Left behind within the rusting gates and girders of the dilapidated Spartan Stadium. When Mel Tucker becomes a millionaire in his next job, he needs to send GattisBaugh and Warde Manuel a thank you note.

Pathetic.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          omg.. "Michigan Homer Crew of Klatt and Gus Johnson"....

You really need to stop sniffing glue. Its bad for your health.

The entirety of Fox Sports H.A.T.E.S. Michigan, and especially Harbaugh. I'd wager that no sports outlet in the country is happier today that Michigan lost to MSU than Fox Sports. ESPN/Disney/ABC will run a close second, but Fox has NO love for Michigan. None.

Re: Indiana v Michigan... who cares. Anything of value this season is gone. Left behind within the rusting gates and girders of the dilapidated Spartan Stadium. When Mel Tucker becomes a millionaire in his next job, he needs to send GattisBaugh and Warde Manuel a thank you note.

Pathetic.
          Have to agree. Don't know what game froot loops was watching. Seems to me they had their noses far up the a$$ of Sparty.

Comment

M bounces back and defeats IU.
            M 38
            IU 23

I won't be around to chat about it, but it's irrelevant because that's not much to talk about with this game. Just really hope the is competency on the defensive coaching staff to fix the substitutions issue. Penn State, Ohio State, and even Maryland will take advantage of it if not resolved.
            M gets to 8-1 and has a tough game at Penn State in 13 days.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Originally posted by maxreturn View Post

Have to agree. Don't know what game froot loops was watching. Seems to me they had their noses far up the a$$ of Sparty.
              We had to mute the sound, and listen to Brandstatter/Dierdorf.

I put my TV on delay to match up with the audio on WTKA on streaming. I don't like Brandstatter's play calling, but Dierdorf is spot-on in his analysis of what's going on with both the team and Harbaugh. I'll miss Dierdorf. I hope Brandstatter enjoys a long and healthy retirement, but I won't miss his play-by-play.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Ugly eyesore win incoming.

Comment

I muted it but not because Klatt and Johnson were favoring Sparty. Whoever was the sound engineer failed to down tune the crowd noise pots so you could understand those two. I never thought the comments I did here. Their comments were critical of M because the team and the coaches deserved criticism; OTH, Tucker, his assistants and the MSU players out coached and out played M in the comeback.

Besides, Brandtstatter's play-by-play is as bad as it gets. Unlistenable.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Indiana is baaaad.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Win, don't have any key injuries and move on.

M gets to 8-1 and has a tough game at Penn State in 13 days.
                      From Saturday the 6th? That would be on Friday, 11/19. Are you thinking that PSU game will be played on Friday night?

Comment

Klatt is the biggest Harbaugh booster in media today.

Comment

Klatt more or less openly roots for Michigan. Gus seems pretty even to me.

Comment

Klatt's color work is really good. The part I hate about FOX's coverage - and this applies to any network broadcast - is the cut-aways for human interest stories. Plays are missed and they were missed in Saturday's game when MSU ran tempo.

Comment

Indiana can stop the run. They bottled up MSU's Walker for 88 yards on 22 carries and Maryland had 46 carries for about 85 yards! Wouldn't surprise me to see them stifle UM's run game and force them to throw in the chilly night. Look for a low scoring game.

Comment

Working...
                              X