Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Game: M 42 - "The" Ohio State 27 - Not Anymore. Post Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game: M 42 - "The" Ohio State 27 - Not Anymore. Post Game Thread.

OSU will score in the mid 50s. Michigan will score in the low 20s and get sent to a NY6 bowl to get slaughtered by Oklahoma or Alabama.

It depends on if OSU has some mercy. Then 38-42 to 21-24 for UM. If not, 52-18 shaved nuts.

Comment

56-24 OSU. There is just a higher level of intensity and level of commitment to excellence that sets OSU from any other team in the B10 and most others nationally. The prescription on offense is deceptively simple; get a decent O-line that can reasonably protect the QB, but focus primarily on a talented, athletic QB that is teachable and surround him with outstanding, athletic receivers. Then mix up short routes with long routes and occasionally run the football. Hello Harbaugh and Gattis?

Comment

Originally posted by maxreturn View Post
        Hello Harbaugh and Gattis?
        "Let's run a bunch of read option plays with a QB that doesn't run so that an unblocked defender can tackle our RB at the LOS"
        Last edited by Hannibal; November 20, 2021, 08:44 PM.

Comment

For Michigan to win they need to do the following things:

1) Own the clock to keep osu's O off the field. Don't snap the ball until there's 3 seconds left on the play clock.
          2) Put Donovan Edwards out in the slot receiver position.
          3) Balance your pass/run play calling roughly 50-50.
          4) When there's 8 people in the box THROW THE FUCKING BALL.
          5) When McNamara drops back and sees acres and acres of green in front of him RUN.
          6) Play a tight zone defense...no blatant man to man or 15 yard cushions at the snap.
          7) Put casts on all the OL's hands so there can be no holding calls at the worst possible moment.
          8) Give McCarthy 20-25% of the snaps.
          9) Take what the osu D gives you.
          10) Take what the osu D gives you.

I think that about covers it.
          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
            For Michigan to win they need to do the following things:

1) Own the clock to keep osu's O off the field. Don't snap the ball until there's 3 seconds left on the play clock.
            2) Put Donovan Edwards out in the slot receiver position.
            3) Balance your pass/run play calling roughly 50-50.
            4) When there's 8 people in the box THROW THE FUCKING BALL.
            5) When McNamara drops back and sees acres and acres of green in front of him RUN.
            6) Play a tight zone defense...no blatant man to man or 15 yard cushions at the snap.
            7) Put casts on all the OL's hands so there can be no holding calls at the worst possible moment.
            8) Give McCarthy 20-25% of the snaps.
            9) Take what the osu D gives you.
            10) Take what the osu D gives you.

I think that about covers it.
            11) Let the air out of the tires for the bus that transports OSU's first string offense and defense to the game.

Comment

For Michigan to win, they'd have to play as close to a perfect ballgame as can be played on both sides of the ball, and special teams. As much as I like this team, and I respect their efforts this season, I just don't think they have the horses to contain what's coming to Ann Arbor next week.

I think the guys will give 100% of whatever they've got. They've done that all year long. I'm proud of their dedication to get better than in the past. Their hard work shows in the results. They should be undefeated right now, and they know it. I like the new young talent on this team. This won't be a one-and-done season. This offense could, and should be better next year. I'll give some props to Harbaugh for bringing in some different coaches, who have put some spark into the team, and some common sense changes that have worked. No matter what happens next Saturday, and no matter how painful the loss will be, this has been a highly successful season.

Moral victories don't count, especially with these guys, but in my mind a moral victory would be one where the outcome of the game is in doubt inside of the last 5 minutes of the game. I don't see that happening. OSU has shown they can score on whomever they want, whenever they want. They had one bad game this year, and have done nothing but improve since.

I'm not going to predict a score or point spread. Lose by 50 points or 1 point, .. a loss is a loss. NYD 6 Bowl is a good reward for this season.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

M wins. No brainer pick. I’m putting my pick’em championship reputation on the line.

M 42
                Ohio State 39

Ohio State has won 15 of 16 in the series dating back to 2004? Ohio State’s ridiculous Big Ten winning streak?Pff, who cares. Us M fans are due for a win.
                M is going to play the game of their season. The physicality. The Haskins big runs. The clutch Cade throws. Ohio State’s strength is their passing offense? M has the two best pass rushers in the Big 10.

HARBAUGH.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

I hope Michigan wins. I’ll be out doing my final fall cleanup. Maybe take the kids to see Santa.

Comment

I wish I could have your optimism, Cody.

If Michigan wins, someone is going to have to come peel what's left of me off the ceiling. This team deserves a win over those guys, but the odd are heavily against them. This would be the biggest Michigan win over OSU since 1969. That's the kind of effort that it will take.

I suppose Hassan Haskins could be Billy Taylor, Erick All could be Jim Mandich, and Cade McNamara could be Don Moorhead.
                    Last edited by lineygoblue; November 20, 2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

We so need to win this game, but it will take an almost superhuman effort by both the team and coaches. ohio is just too talented on both sides of the ball. If is crazy how stacked they are with 5* players. We need to play a perfect game to win it, but 92% chance that we don't. I'm hoping for the over 90% effort by our guys to pull this out. It would be a miracle if they did. But Hell - BEAT OHIO!

Comment

The thread title asks, "Do you really want to watch?"

My answer is unfortunately, no. Up until today, I thought I'd watch, but seeing what OSU did to Sparty takes away any optimism I had.

I may go watch the MHSAA Finals at Ford Field instead.

Comment

I will watch UM, I will root for UM, I will scream for UM, I will bleed for UM. This is The Game that makes the rest of college football pale in comparison. This is The Game that is above all others. Revel in this contest, do not shy away. There is nothing more more important, more glamorous, more fulfilling in all of college sports than this football game. This is a game that exemplifies all that is good in the world, men giving until there is nothing more to give in pursuit of hard fought victory, played by the rules and with honor. This is The Game. Even the gods on Olympus pause to watch The Game.

Michigan will win. 1969 and 2021 will be talked about for years and years and years.
                          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            M wins. No brainer pick. I’m putting my pick’em championship reputation on the line.

M 42
                            Ohio State 39

Ohio State has won 15 of 16 in the series dating back to 2004? Ohio State’s ridiculous Big Ten winning streak?Pff, who cares. Us M fans are due for a win.
                            M is going to play the game of their season. The physicality. The Haskins big runs. The clutch Cade throws. Ohio State’s strength is their passing offense? M has the two best pass rushers in the Big 10.

HARBAUGH.
                            Unfortunately we also have one of the weakest secondaries. Maryland would've scored a lot more if their QB simply put the ball on the mark to wide open receivers with nary a DB in sight. Also, OSU's O line protects their QB pretty darn well.

Comment

I think you guys are vastly underestimating your chances.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                              X