Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan 42, Iowa 3 -- 2021 Big Ten Football Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 42, Iowa 3 -- 2021 Big Ten Football Champions!

Saw this morning that Michigan is an 11-point favorite. Sounds about right.

Seems like a good matchup for Michigan. Should win as long as we aren't worse than -1 on turnovers.
    Last edited by Hannibal; December 5, 2021, 03:53 AM.

What, no guaranteed 100% loss?
    I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

Should I be worried about a let down? I think Michigan wins a close one

Comment

Yea Michigan is going to have to pass more vs Iowa stingy defense, but their offense is terrible

Comment

Michigan will crush Iowa like a bug. We ain't Nebraska.
          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

I think there could be a let down, but the team seems to be really focused this year, better than I've seen in a long time.

For Iowa to have success passing, they'd have to max protect Petras. That means only about 3 guys in the pass pattern, and Michigan shouldn't have a lot of problems covering 3 guys with 5 defenders. And there's no way Iowa keeps Petras upright all night long. Hutch and Ojabo are going to get to him. I'd probably have Ross in a 'spy' position to see if maybe he can pick off one of their traditional passes to the TE. They've done that a lot in the past.

I don't know much about Iowa's running game, but it can't be better than Ohio State's, which was better than advertised.

If Michigan stays as focused as they have been all season long, they should win by a couple TD's.

Iowa won't come in unprepared. Ferentz will have his guys ready. They'll be tough, but M should prevail.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Absolutely there could* be a letdown. It’s human nature.
              All of the times my Boilermakers recently knocked off a top 5 team? Well, Purdue lost in the following week.

That said… I think M deserves to be a favorite by that spread.
              Iowa is a tough B10 team that can play up to a good opponent or down to bad opponent.

I like a few things:
              - Iowa fans are still highly skeptical about their offense.
              - This game is not played at Kinnick Stadium. Predicting the crowd should favor M.
              - McNamara is usually protective of the ball and this is key vs Iowa.
              - M just played a defense that plays some zone coverage. Iowa calls cover 2 defense almost all of the time.

Think it should be a tough game. Protect the ball and don’t be destroyed by the turnover margin. Hold your own in the trenches.

M 27
              Iowa 20
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Key point before anyone says it.

Iowa does NOT run a hurry up offense.
                Advantage, Mike Macdonald.

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

That is a big advantage. Give McDonald time to get the right people in at the right times, and his defenses are quite stout.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Iowa toss in some tempo plays, just to see if they can catch Michigan in a switch.

Ferentz may be an older guy, but his teams are always physically tough. Michigan will need its "A" game.

That said, I'd be shocked if Iowa can stop Haskins and that O-line. If OSU couldn't do it, Iowa won't either.

Comment

Low scoring game but M wins something like 23-13...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Now kindly STFU ...

Comment

No
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Iowa is horrific on offense. UNL gave them 16 points. Gave. They score about as much as you liney with Mrs. Liney...or so she tells me.

23-13. M.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I get by with a little help from my friends ...

I get high with a little help from my friends ....

Comment

horrible
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                              X