Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So they are literally rebooting everything from the 1980s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Man, Jeff Fisher. Dude was a player, assistant, and head coach in the NFL for like 35 straight years. Doesn't he have better things to do with his time? Or just wants a little extra boat money?

Wiz, your boy Mike Riley is coaching the New Jersey Generals!
      Ah yes Smilin" Mike...career .500 coach...say what you will but the cat has a better record at UNL than FROSTY!!!!!
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They are going to continue to run these leagues because the NFL has a slight need for developmental and they get some decent ratings. The problem is running a football team is incredibly expensive so they always fail. It is the Kramer/Newman returnable conundrum.

Comment

• Time to bust up that huge monopoly known as the NFL!!!!!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            They are going to continue to run these leagues because the NFL has a slight need for developmental and they get some decent ratings. The problem is running a football team is incredibly expensive so they always fail. It is the Kramer/Newman returnable conundrum.
            That is such a great analogy and one of my favorite episodes.

Comment

• Not as good as the magic lugie or the marine biologist...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nice play, pretty boy!

Comment

• ...that is one magic lugie...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    So they are literally rebooting everything from the 1980s.
                    Pretty much. Biggest difference is that ALL of the games are being played in Birmingham Alabama, which cuts out travel costs and making agreements with other stadiums, etc. The Freep said that eventually the USFL wants to have each team play in their local areas, but there's no hurry. Not sure where the Panthers would play, unless the Ford family decides to be nice. I guess they could play at a college venue. CMU's stadium would be a nice place because of its location in the middle of the state. They can comfortably seat 25-30K there and there's plenty of on-site parking. EMU's stadium is a possibility as well, but they'd probably draw more than Eastern, which would make the "Eagles" jealous.

I'm going to watch the games. I love football, and I can't wait to see Shea Patterson again!!!!!!

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Jim Harbaugh to hire Denard Robinson as assistant director of player personne. Whatever that is, could help with recruiting.? Very well liked and outgoing personality Another young hire, he's 31 seems like yesterday he dropped his first snap, then ran about 50 yards for TD.

Comment

• Seen this from another Michigan board (no politics BS) much much better. Wow so much for talk of we need a 'Michigan Man'

Harbaugh has done a good job of bringing back all generations of Michigan football into his staff

He and Warde represent Bo
                        Elston represents Moeller and Carr
                        Bellamy and Hart represent Carr
                        Denard represents Hoke and Rich Rod
                        Newsome represents Harbaugh

For how often we heard about different factions within Schembechler hall…. The above staff does a lot to quiet the noise of that were ever a real thing

Comment

• This is way more fun to watch than blown-up Russian tanks APCs and dead Russian soldiers dying for Vlad and Mother Russia - wait, maybe not.

Old YouTube video tribute to Denard, who, as mentioned above, was hired yesterday in some kind of recruiting/personnel management position. I can't think of a better person than Denard to host recruits and their families. Great hire by HARBAUGH!!!!.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• TIFWIW ...... Just out, Balas has reported that JJ McCarthy has a throwing arm injury that will need surgery. No details.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Of course he does.

Comment

• Well, no more spring practice for him. Depending on the severity, the injury may decide who starts this fall.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X