Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All that makes sense to me. Sure would have been nice to retain Morris. Agreed on Edwards and the WRs as well. The good thing is that it's a way to keep him on the field plenty.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      How the FUCK did HARBAUGH!!!!!!! lose to that shit? JFC.

The NC Game was the Bucks and UGA.
      By not taking them seriously.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• You should have waxed them by just showing up dude.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          You should have waxed them by just showing up dude.
          They weren't that bad but yeah, it should not have been close. Especially after they said all fucking year how important it was to not just get into the playoffs, but to win.

Comment

• 65-7
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They lost to TCU because the golden boy threw 2 pick sixes. You can't win that way.

Comment

• Maybe it's just hope, but Todd Anson's thread on twitter is a pretty big and sharp knife out against Warde. They need to move on from Warde ASAP.

Who here has a better understanding than I of the regents/President dynamic? I see more and more talk of Ono being a guy who wants to force change away from viewing athletics as original sin, but I don't really have a sense of what he could actually do beyond, obviously, having the most direct control over hiring an AD.

Comment

• Hack, you should go to this link and plow through it. There's some useless posts but there a few good ones.

Todd Anson is an alumnus who was very instrumental in getting Jim to come home to Michigan in 2015. He tweeted that he was working to create a big NIL endowment but it was rejected by Warde.  Tweet is quoted below. Perhaps a source of friction between Jim and Warde? I worked ALL ‘22 on a large, 501c3 nonprofit NIL platform, The Winningest Team (named by Jim) to “unlock the sleeping giant of UM.” Planned to create a funded endowment to support NIL. Warde shot it down. Would NOT support our donors sharing their support with our players.

The NIL fund that Anson put together and presented to Warde isn't in the public domain. What we've got is Anson's tweets basically complaining about Warde rejecting his proposal. There are no details on how this thing would be set up, who runs it or if it's modeled to be like NIL collectives that SEC schools have notoriously put together that ride the gray area of legality. IMO, he's taking his complaints public - not a good look for Anson who, as a lawyer, ought to know better.

I have no personal knowledge of the situation. It's possible that Anson's proposal has the characteristics of an endowment. If it did, that sort of thing gets handled at the regents level, not at the AD's. Warde may be the conduit by which the regents told him, uhh, that's a non starter, tell Anson no...... and I'm just spitballing here. I have a phone call in to people I know that may know more about Anson's proposal, was it a NIL collective or run more like an endowment? Those seem to me to be key questions in helping to explain why Warde shot it down.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This is another mgoboard post from early this morning. It seems to have some pay-walled ontent in it as it is from 247/John Bacon.

Just a bit of info from 247 and Sam Webb. If this is not allowed I apologize in advance.and please feel free to remove   

It implies Harbaugh is nearing a deal with M and it should be done by the end of the week (the dead period ends). The hold-up, the post states, is that the new contract has a huge buy-out which renders approaches to Harbaugh by the NFL teams highly unlikely.

If you've looked at the link I just posted above, I wonder if there is any relationship to why the deal is "held up" to Warde's refusal to buy inot Anson's project proposal. I've thought from the beginning that Jim had plenty of leverage on pay but what he may be most interested in is getting M squared away with NIL. Anson's plan may have been part of several negotiating tactics and Anson's blew up in his face so, he's pissed off. I have no idea if it was - just connecting the dots.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There is no gray areas with the collectives themselves. They are legal with the NCAA. The issue is coaches using them to negotiate a bluechip signing.

And, honestly, a more dire issue is a collective poaching a star player from one team to Portal out and attend another school due to the promise of big cash from a NIL deal.

The Portal needs to be closed. Portal immediately if you agree to not receive NIL dollars for 1 year; or Portal and sit for a year like the old days (the latter being an easier fix).
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The issue is coaches using them to negotiate a bluechip signing.
                        This is the kind thing I was referring to. Agree there is nothing wrong with collectives. M already has those. Because i don't have details of Anson's plan that Warde rejected, only Anson's complaining, I'm assuming it wasn't a collective. A post in that mgoboard thread suggested that Harbaugh might have had some kind of access or involvement with whatever it was Anson was trying to set up.

Comment

• Don't believe the BS out there.
                          Warde is a big supporter of Harbaugh. There is a lot of misinformation out there. Like the Huge show blew the situation out of control with that dumb tweet.

Comment

• Saw that Jeff, thanks. I think my point is more about the politics of it and not the details. Things look different now. A friend of his is on twitter attacking the AD. The university's new president is loud and in front, again on twitter about stepping into the situtation. Warde put out that ridiculously unclear and purposely byzantine statement a few weeks ago about collectives -- even Angelique Chengelis had to guess on twitter about what it really meant. And of course something in the past 2 years led JH to go get an agent for the first time in his life.

Big J, thanks for the perspective. I'm sure Warde has plenty of reasons to be a big supporter of Harbaugh, no doubt. We have him to thank for Harbaugh still being here in the first place, whether that was dumb luck or a smart move. But is Harbaugh a big supporter of Warde? I can only look at what I see, and even ignoring the hottakes and the rock-solid certainty from people who shouldn't have that, there are some facts out there that are facts and there are behaviors that have changed.

Comment

• I doubt that the portal will ever be eliminated, although I wouldn't be upset if it was. I think it needs restrictions.

Even the NFL doesn't have unrestricted free agency, which is pretty much what the portal is.

One suggestion I have would be that a player can portal ONE time in 5 years. That's it. If you feel the need to move on, then you get one more chance.

Another suggestion might be that you get one portal move, where you can have a scholarship at your new school. After that, if you portal again, you cannot have a scholarship at the new school.

SOMETHING needs to be done, because the current unrestricted free agency is for the birds.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I like the portal as it is. It has been a benefit to college football.

Comment

Working...
                                X