Michigan 56, Hawaii 10, Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 56, Hawaii 10, Post Game Comments

0-2 Hawaii has lost their first two games to Vandy and Western Kentucky by an average of 42.5 points. It's nigh impossible for me to imagine not covering the spread. The Rainbow Warriors hemorrhaged players in the off-season and they are in a full on rebuild. They are probably the worst team that we will have played since Delaware State. I'll say 73-10 for my prediction. If Ryan Hayes is back in, then we can probably name our score in this one. With the QB competition in full swing and not a lot of successful passing in the first game, both QBs are going to want to showcase their abilities. In that event, the dogs won't get called off until the 4th quarter.
    Last edited by Hannibal; September 4, 2022, 05:11 PM.

I'll renew my prediction here:

Mich --- 21
    'Bows -- 20

.. in OT

Thank goodness we have Jake Moody.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

From mgo on LT Ryan Hayes's leaving the game ........

Ryan Hayes, starting LT, missed the game with an injury deemed by one insider to be "precautionary", leading to Karsen Barnhart starting at that position. But during the goal line series, Barnhart himself was nicked up, forcing LG Trevor Keegan to slide outside and RS Fr Gio El-Hadi to slide in at LG. Combined with Trente Jones getting his first ever start at RT, the line in front of McNamara was more rickety than expected.​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

It's hard to judge OL or DL play live from the stands but, man, you could tell the difference in both the run blocking and pass pro game, esp. the later, once Hayes and then Barnhart went out. Those losses and then the cobbled together OL played a part in McNamara's struggles. The coaching staff is going to know this. McNamara​ probably played behind the one's throughout fall camp. The ​​​​​line that had to be put together after the two deep at LT was eliminated most definitely had an impact on him.

Only "fucking idots" predict game scores for this weekend's game. It's no more than a blue shirts v. yellow shirts scrimage. McCarthy, who is already scheduled to start, is going to look like superman. Pump the breaks on the QB competition as that relates to the post game fawning over McCarthy, and assessing M's competence on O and D.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Lotta points to lay here...but UH is fucking bad.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

M will have it covered by half.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I see what you are doing here. By virtue of your evil gambling, you are predicting scores..... well, at least the spread. TBH, I don't see how gambling on CFB games makes any sense, at all,,,,, to people that aren't complete ibiciles.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Ibicile? Heh.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Jeff,

Anyway. Modest wagers make the games more interesting. And, to be sure, there are some lines out there you can take advantage of.

Over the last 15 years or so, I’m in the green. Not enough to make any difference in my life, and there are other “investments” that would have had a much higher ROI, but this is like playing golf and betting $5 a hole or whatever; it’s low cost entertainment. For example, I had three $23 bets yesterday and won two of them. My total money at risk was less than a movie and some wings at BWW. And I’ll have three or four wagers this week, too. If this year is like last, I will finish a few hundred up (includes soccer bets). Not anything life-changing, but just something to make a Wyoming-Idaho game worth tuning into at midnight.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm still miffed at talent's characterization of me and his misquoting of my "35 - something" prediction - he called it 24-10 or such, for the outcome of the CSU @ M game as a "fucking idiot."

I just can't get serious over the ridiculous over-hyped pre-season predictions of rankings and game outcomes. Predictions become more realistic as the season progresses and there is something to base these on. Accordingly, I'm loath to predict the scores of early M games. It's pure luck - albeit somewhat informed luck - when a score in these early games is correct or nearly correct. It's like Roulette or hitting the number in Craps and certainly not chest thumping worthy. There's less variance in those two endeavors than their is in a CFB game. Hitting the lottery has about the same odds as picking the score of early CFB games. Hitting the lottery IS chest thumping worthy.

Comment

I wouldn’t call it pure luck - at all. The predictions do get fine-tuned as the season wears on, but you have a reasonable idea of the outcome by looking at some data points. These analytics (something you should relish) give you some insight. The Books do this to come up with a line and they are very good at it.

Now Michigan for you or Alabama for me isn’t something I really recommend betting on. Never bet with the heart is an old gambler’s maxim.

Comment

The 35 part of the prediction was idiotic. Based on available data like rosters and past performance and even CSU’s first game, it was and is clear that M would at least be in the 40s.

With better red zone execution it’s 59 or 63.

If someone had said CSU will score 20 and I’m not sure if M will cover if that happens—then ok. I disagree, but I can maybe see that.

To disregard the FACTUALLY obvious gross mismatch that is M offense vs CSU defense on the basis of some non-factual feelings bullshit like Harbaugh won’t do this and that is idiotic. Especially when HARBAUGH!!! has a history of Death Starring bad teams when he’s had a Death Star.

35 and justifications therefore was horrible. And if you want to say they’ll only score 35 against Hawaii for some feelingsball reason then I’ll be prepared to unload the same mockery cannon.

Comment

Fine ...... I'll yield to the idiocy of "feelingsball" based views of CFB outcomes and the fact that there is data out there to base one's wagers on. TBF (to me, anyway), I'm making a concerted effort to spend less time analyzing the prospects of M's football team and posting about them both before and after games. So, I'm a bit biased by that effort and probably post that way and then try to justify an "idiotic" post deserving of the "mockery cannon."

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Ibicile? Heh.
                          He's more of a muron...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            Fine ...... I'll yield to the idiocy of "feelingsball" based views of CFB outcomes and the fact that there is data out there to base one's wagers on. TBF (to me, anyway), I'm making a concerted effort to spend less time analyzing the prospects of M's football team and posting about them both before and after games. So, I'm a bit biased by that effort and probably post that way and then try to justify an "idiotic" post deserving of the "mockery cannon."
                            As long as we’re on the same page! 😁

JB, you know I love you in a sort of message board, asexual hateful way.
                            Last edited by iam416; September 4, 2022, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Well, I'm glad he cleared that up.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                              X