Michigan 59, UConn 0 -- postgame discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 59, UConn 0 -- postgame discussion

We learned two things about M football v. Hawaii. JJ >>> Cade at QB. But I think everyone knew that. Night games are just a terrible idea. Who wants to drive home from a game at 1am (2am counting the 1 hour lightning in the area delay).

The Wolvrines appear hungry. Can such a characterization be ascribed to the team after two games? It would be easy for players to toss their jerseys on the field and say, "we are Michigan," and then play like shit. Have we seen that before from M teams? Yes..... but not this year, yet. So, I'm going with that v. Uconn. I've seen one published score prediction: 6.2/49.0. if some one has seen an O/U or spread, post it.

Harbaugh got this right out of the way in his post game presser: On merit, JJ McCarthy will start v. UConn, he said. I have to admit, I was bored watching the 4 deep trot out on the field and look like they were not ready for prime time. Still, I'm sure players and thier families loved that thier kids got to play. This game is likely to be a repeat of that scenario. JJ builds a commanding lead after which the 2s, then the 3's and 4s, step in the later not looking that great.

54 - 10
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

You're finally coming around.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I'm predicting 48-10. It'll be 38-0 when the #1s take a seat. If Cade can lead the 2nd stringers like we expected him to coming into this year, it might be more like 55-10 or 62-7.

Cade needs to snap out of it. Whatever "it" is.
      Last edited by Hannibal; September 11, 2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Good stuff Jeff. I'd say with the night games is they are here to stay and when then new TV deals kick in, I'm sure they will increase.

Comment

Spread is 45.5. I don’t think that they’ll quite cover, but it might be close. After last night, all bets are off for these types of games since there is such a cliff between 1st and 2nd string.
          Last edited by Hannibal; September 11, 2022, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Early over under is 59.
            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

They usually have one blow out game when they get it all together. This could be it. And I mean a 69- 10 type game.

Comment

Another tomato can. Probably like the last two weeks. M gets somewhere in the 50's, and Yukon gets single digits or low teens. JJ probably plays the first half only. After that, its back to the 2's 3's and 4's. They played 85 players in both of the first two weeks. Likely similar numbers in this one. Maryland will be more of a challenge.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Donovan Edwards may be out for Yukon. He suffered some sort of leg injury in the first half on Saturday, and did not return. In today's presser, Harbaugh said he still did not have an update on Edwards' status. Whatever it is, hopefully its minor and won't keep him out very long.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I actually like CJ Stokes. Edward's is a great pass catcher. That's a loss but the run game is fine and receivers solid. The net positive is that Stokes gets some run.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

This should be a good game...iffen this was 1992...and basketball...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Michigan 59, UConn 14. Another bloodletting. I still don't think we know much about this Michigan team, and I don't know that we will until Maryland, or possibly Iowa.

Comment

Barring a disaster, we shouldn't be a single digit favorite until we play Penn State.

Comment

Corrrect:

Michigan football’s FPI outlook:

Sept. 3 vs. Colorado State: 51-7 W (1-0)

Sept. 10 vs. Hawaii: 56-10 W (2-0)

Sept. 17 vs. UConn: 99.3% chance of victory

Sept. 24 vs. Maryland: 82% chance of victory

Oct. 1 at Iowa: 82.7% chance of victory

Oct. 8 at Indiana: 90.2% chance of victory

Oct. 15 vs. Penn State: 68.2% chance of victory

Oct. 29 vs. Michigan State: 68.3% chance of victory

Nov. 5 at Rutgers: 85.6% chance of victory

Nov. 12 vs. Nebraska: 91.9% chance of victory

Nov. 19 vs. Illinois: 90.9% chance of victory

Nov. 26 at Ohio State: 20.5% chance of victory

....... and even then wth PSU coming to Ann Arbor and McCarthy ascending I don't see a loss, at least at this point in time.

Comment

I'm surprised that PSU and MSU effectively have the same probability of victory. Sparty is the much tougher opponent, IMO. Also worth noting that Maryland at home is a lower probability than Iowa on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X