Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan 34, Maryland 27, Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The defensive staff yesterday also missed two critical chances to call a timeout on a Maryland 4th down play where thy were going temp and we clearly weren't ready. I was practically screaming "call a timeout!" on Maryland's last TD. We had three of them. On 4th and long if you aren't ready don't take a chance. Call a fucking timeout. Coaches were clearly asleep at the switch.

Comment

Ask Locksley why he didn't call a time out on that 4th down play where Corum scored.

He had 3 timeouts, and they were first half timeouts. Can't carry those over anyway.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Maryland is far better fundamentally this year than last year. Far better, much more disciplined even with the mistakes, overall a much better program/team with largely the same players. IMO that is improved coaching. The most disappointing from Michigan was the coaching / play calling (I'll watch at the game again) but all game long I kept looking on TV at how far/soft the CB were playing the WR and didn't take the yards once. JJ was struggling a bit also (couple over throws) , but the deeper pass plays like Joel Klatt kept saying there is nothing there, then Gus would say why haven't they tried the slant. Blake bailed them out, but that's football.

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          The most disappointing from Michigan was the coaching / play calling (I'll watch at the game again) but all game long I kept looking on TV at how far/soft the CB were playing the WR and didn't take the yards once. JJ was struggling a bit also (couple over throws) , but the deeper pass plays like Joel Klatt kept saying there is nothing there, then Gus would say why haven't they tried the slant. Blake bailed them out, but that's football.
          It was blatantly obvious from the stands that JJ was always looking for the home run instead of taking the shorter, higher percentage, routes. That's trying to do too much and shows inexperience and can be fixed.

Having Edwards back would be a pretty good fix too.

Comment

Ask Locksley why he didn't call a time out on that 4th down play where Corum scored.

I think Maryland had the right defense, Blake was just outstanding with his jump/cut to the outside and he did it twice.

Comment

It was blatantly obvious from the stands that JJ was always looking for the home run instead of taking the shorter, higher percentage, routes. That's trying to do too much and shows inexperience and can be fixed.

Yea he wasn't even looking at the soft CB's, then would check down to the TE or overthrow well covered deep.

I was like can ONE of the OC's tell him they are giving you easy underneath passes outside with at least one WR and take it... or even call it! And getting cute having Ronnie Bell to throw a deep pass was a joke.

Comment

This is what im talking about. Look at the top of the screen, you can't even see a DB on the WR (even though this was completed to the TE) --- F'ing all game!

Comment

Good stuff in Gerdman's Michigan Monday. I think he overlooked M's OL contribution to Corum's big day. Comments on JJ were good. Not sure I can find a strong basis for Gerdman's assessment that M's D isn't ready for osu's offense after he called it "much different" than osu's. I don't think he's taking Minton seriously enough.

Maryland opened up Saturday’s game against Michigan by taking a kickoff to the face, and they closed it by forcing the Wolverines to recover an onside kick in order to seal a closer-than-nece…
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Because he's not a good coach.

Comment

• You must be a racist.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        You must be a racist.
                        Flattery will get you nowhere.

Comment

• fuckin' Trumper
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment