Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan 27, Iowa 14, Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 27, Iowa 14, Post Game Discussion.

Low scoring game because Iowa's offense is still terrible but will score some points playing at home and their D will stress McCarthy. For M to win this one convincingly JJ has to step up and perform. Will be disappointed if he craters on the road,

M 24, Iowa 13.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

HARBAUGH!!!! 12 KIRK!!!!! 3
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Guaran-fricking-teed that Ferentz will sell out to stop Corum and the running game. I can see Iowa's "D" sending a LB directly at Corum in every run situation. Play action could be the answer.

JJ has the talent to take advantage of a defense that dares him to throw. But will he? On Saturday, he played like a sophomore. He made some decent throws, but he also threw a lot of air mail.

For Michigan, Iowa has always been a tough out at Kinnick. The B1G Championship game was the exception.

Michigan is the better team, and they should win by two scores. But I can see this being close just like Maryland.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Early Michigan -2.5 Ill bet this is around even gameday.

This is going to be a rough day. First road game of the year vs Power 5 team is always tough, plus first start for JJ on the road - not good. Harbaugh has never won as a player or coach at Kinnick. M takes the L outright.

Comment

-2.5? Are you fucking serious?
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Anyone that has followed Michigan football for any decent length of time knows that this will be a very close ballgame.

It SHOULDN'T be close, but it will be. That's M football.

Iowa has a decent chance at a win.

Comment

Challenge will be for M's offense to score more than Iowa's defense.

Comment

That's the only challenge. And it's not much of one. Once M gets 13 points the game is over. Iowa is garbage. GARBAGE.

I have every confidence that M is at least at little better than Iowa State. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe HARBAUGH!!!! an M aren't that good. I dunno. It's possible, I guess. They've only played 1 football team that is at all credible. In fact, their OoC was soooooo bad that when folks saw Maryland in comparison they thought, "hey, Maryland MUST be pretty good".

I dunno. What I do know, and I KNOW this...Iowa is as bad on offense as any "decent" B10 team I can remember...and that includes Iowa teams of the past. It's gotten to the point where if they score 13 offensive points againt Rutgers people start saying Iowa is back on schedule! Rutgers. The team that was fairly fortunately to get out of Philadelphia with a win against TEMPLE.

This should be something on the order of 27-3. It WILL be an easy M cover if the line is actually 2.5. Fuck, if the line is anything under 7.

I will offer, right now, to any M fan the opportunity to back Iowa for up to $200 each. I'm on PayPal and Venmo. There's almost no amount of money I wouldn't bet on M winning by more than a FG for sure and pretty much a TD.

Comment

I have family plans next week (clearly not my choice) with Sparty side of the family 😠, so I wont be watching live. Wont be surprised if Iowa wins by bad turnovers and stupid penalty's . Will record and watch later.
                  Last edited by WingsFan; September 25, 2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I will offer, right now, to any M fan the opportunity to back Iowa for up to $200 each. I'm on PayPal and Venmo. There's almost no amount of money I wouldn't bet on M winning by more than a FG for sure and pretty much a TD.
                    Okay. So you're basically right where I am. I believe Michigan is better than Iowa. Probably at least a touchdown better, and maybe as many as 10 points better on a neutral field. But.. ever since Hayden Fry became coach in Iowa City, Michigan has had trouble winning there. I remember we all laughed at his country bumpkin act when he was hired, but he stopped the laughing by turning the Hawkeyes from perrenial doormats into B1G championship contenders. And they've been a solid program ever since.

If Michigan can establish Corum and the running game, then Michigan can win by multiple touchdowns. But I see Iowa sending everything including the kitchen sink to stop the run, and daring JJ to beat them with his arm. If JJ can take advantage, then once again, M wins by multiple TD's. I just don't see Michigan being able to do that based on their performance so far.

It will be a close game decided by less than a TD, and likely won't be decided (again) until late. It shouldn't be close, but it will be.

Comment

For me to offer a bet like that -- a total open-ended bet -- it means I think M is at least 21 points better IN IOWA CITY. I wouldn't offer it if I thought 10 b/c the ball could bounce wrong and the 3 could lose. At 21+ (it's probably closer to 28), it'd be massively unlikely for there to be enough bad breaks for me not to win the bet.

Comment

I know it's Iowa but people I guess don't seem to realize how bad their QB is. UM will score a few points. As Ferenz always plays that cover 2 keep everything in front and not give a big play but if your patient you can move the chains..

Comment

We will win a miserable and joyless affair. Something like 20-13.

Comment

12-3
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

The issue is this game is being played @ Iowa. All of the weird upsets at Kinnick Stadium in recent memory… I anticipate this being a one score game.

M’s lack of pash rush vs Maryland could be a bad sign when playing against good OLines. The potential to let Petras be comfortable.

M wins.
                              M 20
                              Iowa 13

The Penn State game is the one I’m dreading…. Not Iowa.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                              X