Michigan 29, MSU 7, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 29, MSU 7, Post Game Discussion

2 weeks to go, time and broadcaster remains TBD. My guess, with circulating rumors supporting it, is that it will be a prime time 8pm game carried by ABC although that's not a lock just yet and there a lot of moving parts. Fox, I believe, has first pick and will likely take osu @ PSU for the noon slot - talent may have more word on that. Illinois @ Nebraska could see the 3:30 slot. So could MSU/M. Besides ABC and Fox, ESPN and ESPN2 are still involved through the 2022 CFB season. CBS is locked into the SEC through 2022 and not a player.

The kicker is that there is already talk, reportedly among the two schools ADs, that a night game involves too many safety risks for fans given the long time for tailgating before the game and late night driving. At this point it is just talk. The inventory of games to be televised on 10/29 and the TV contracts that exist right now with Fox, ABC/ESPN will dictate the scheduling.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 17, 2022, 03:00 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Bloodbath.

HARBAUGH!!!!!!! 48 Lil Bro 13
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I think that we will win, but take the points. It’s going to be a joyless and suspenseful win.

Comment

HARBAUGH!!!!!!! >>>>>>> TUCKER!!!
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Sparty has Michigan right where they want them.

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            Sparty has Michigan right where they want them.
            I'm sure that idea is not too far from TUCKS!!!!!! mind. I'm expecting every trick play and weird scheme he can think of. He knows he can't win straight up, so he'll have to create opportunities.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

There is no stopping the freight train known simply as HARBAUGH!!!!!!!
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

So damn good...I might add an 8th !
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I'm sure that idea is not too far from TUCKS!!!!!! mind. I'm expecting every trick play and weird scheme he can think of. He knows he can't win straight up, so he'll have to create opportunities.
                  Let him do that all he wants. Unless you’ve got the talent to back it up, tricks and other weirdness are almost as likely to blow up in your face as they are to succeed. Tuck just won’t be able to have enough favorable matchups this year and it certainly doesn’t help that the guys in blue are ones with payback on their minds.

Comment

Penn State's defense (#69) is objectively better than MSU's (#103). S&P+ dumps on MSU. Teams still have to block and tackle. At this point it's not likely that Tucker can pull some kind of rabbit out of his to overcome the huge proven talent and efficiency differential between M and MSU. After 7 games, a teams MO is pretty much set. If M can avoid mistakes that let MSU play this game close, like PSU did for about 25 minutes of closk time in the first half, it's going to get ugly.

Harbaugh, the guy who said play to win with dignity and cruelty, is going to give MSU no quarter. M just did that to PSU.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Hell hath no fury like a HARBAUGH!!!!!!! scorned...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Tuck will play the run better than PS. Barrow is a stud in the middle and I'm sure Tuck will blitz on run plays. Unlike what crap Franklin displayed.

Comment

TUCK!!!!! had Walker last year who did most of the damage. He has no such running threat this year.

I'm sure they'll try some wrinkles, but I think like Jeff said, they're going to need more than that.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by klondike View Post
                            Tuck will play the run better than PS. Barrow is a stud in the middle and I'm sure Tuck will blitz on run plays. Unlike what crap Franklin displayed.
                            This is a good point. The problem for MSU is the same thing that IU faced bringing a S up and putting 8 guys in the box. M finally has a complementary passing game (minus a consistent deep threat). MSU's secondary is just guys. They've improved statistically in total pass D from 2021 but still rank 98th in 22 so far. Harbaugh has been reluctant to throw into the intermediate middle zone. I thought v. IU it was a tactical error to not punish IU's D for doing what they did. M may need some success in seam routes from the TEs and hook routes run beyond the short zone by the WRs. If Harbaugh is reluctant to do that and MSU gets M into a rock fight, that would be, you know, not good.

Comment

This one is not going to be good. It's nice having Slade, Henderson and a healthy Reed back. So they might put up more of a resistance than the team they were fielding versus Maryland and Minnesota. But this one has a chance of getting fugly.

Comment

Working...
                              X