Michigan 19, Illinois 17, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that is great news!

The only way you can know this is from an MRI. I'll call bull-shit on that one
    Again these were just opinions, so it cant be BS just wrong. Nobody really knows, but I like what Liney posted.

Comment

• Harbaugh needs to ditch the “passing game coordinator” role and hire a real QB coach. Everyone involved with coaching our passing game sucks a gigantic dick.

Comment

• Doesn't seem to be limping, hopefully just a stinger.

Comment

• Walking, even running and making a lateral cut is very different to your knee ligaments. He's our only hope for The Game.

Comment

• On Corum, the consensus I'm reading and based solely on observation and I suspect a good bit of hopeful optimism is that he took a shot to the knee with a helmet that is more of a bone contusion or bruise than a shot that produced ligamentous injury. Bone bruises persist and are painful - the "hip pointer" is a common football injury case in point. Pain can be a limiting factor in performance but it is generally less of one than ligamentous injuries of the knee for a RB.

These are always good. mgo's "Best and Worst" by BronxBlue .....This one has some key points that resonate with me. One is that holding out players, while that contributed to an almost loss, made sense. Illinois isn't dirty like MSU but they are a very physical team that plays hard on defense. I saw plenty of violent hits - that's part of the violent sport of football but the tough play by the Illini defense was noteworthy. Another was the view that fans, probably not the coaches, have expectations for first year starty, JJ McCarthy, that are probably a bit unreasonable. Still, setting aside receiver drops and route running, JJ isn't processing the downfield as well as he should be by this time in the season. He locks in on guys and fails to see other open options, two of which would have been TD throws and runs after catch. IOW, he's a limiting factor in M's offense not a plus-up. You can see this in the coaching staff's offensive play calling that tend to not put too much on him. You can also see what a slog M's offense becomes when the run game struggles and McCarthy needs to be leaned on.

Disclaimer:  I’m going to be honest – I didn’t plan on this game being quite so…um, interesting and so didn’t really set aside a ton of time to write this diary.  Perhaps I was looking ahead a bit.  Regardless, if this feels a bit light on discussion please accept my apologies and I’ll try to make it up after next week’s win. Best:  11-0
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
            X