Michigan 30, ECU 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 30, ECU 3

Shameful but it's an unstoppable trend. This will be the first season where the BIG has opted to sell out fans for pay per view revenue. The Peacock sham is part of a larger plan to shit-can ABC/ESPN and embrace NBC/Peacock while continuing it's relationship with Fox Sports. The broadcast team for the opener is Mike Tirico doing play-by-play, Chris Simms doing analysis, Lewis Johnson on the sidelines, all NBC Sports personalities.

The ECU Pirates come to town in Ann Arbor with too many missing parts to be competitive. The graduation of their QB at season end last year will hurt their downfield passing game which was their thing. ECU tallied an 8-5 season that netted the Pirates a bowl bid representing the American Athletic Conference in the 2022 TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl. ECU trounced Coastal Carolina 53-​20 on QB Holton Ahler's arm. He gone.

ECU is a 36 point dog. The O/U is 51. It's entirely possible but unlikely that M will get at least all 51 of those points. What's more likely is that M will simply run Corum and Edwards through a porous ECU D for 60 minutes in a restrained offensive output. Because M's offense is built around a passing game being key to keeping opponents from selling out against the run, McCarthy and M's receiver room will have opportunities to demonstrate that combination has developed a good long ball in the off-season. IOW, the M play-book will get exercised.

M 48, ECU 3
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 28, 2023, 03:16 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Hamburgerless 56 ECU 0
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I'll try to kick my bad news habit for this week, and I'll take Michigan 52-10. I think Minter will clear the bench once M gets the game under control, which should be early in the 3rd. I don't think ECU can stop M's offense, and I doubt that their offense will be able to do much against M's defense.

ECU will likely get a few garbage points against Michigan's backups. Harbaugh (who will be coaching from somewhere, count on it) will want a 60-70 point pasting. Leave that stuff to SEC teams.

Last year in these early games, there were times when Michigan played more than 60 players.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I think Michigan wins easily.

Comment

Way to go out on a huge limb!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Could M (easily) defeat ECU with Gene Hackman, a toddler, or a lamp post coaching the team? Certainly.

M 51
            ECU 13
            M -36.

I think Peacock is NBC fyi. Yes, this whole niche viewing on random streaming services thing is annoying.
            Interested to see what M WRs standout. Specifically, a Peyton O’Leary encore.​
            Last edited by Cody_Russell; August 28, 2023, 03:37 PM. Reason: M -36. Fixed.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

I think Peacock is NBC fyi.
              Good catch. Fixed.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                Could M (easily) defeat ECU with Gene Hackman, a toddler, or a lamp post coaching the team? Certainly.

M 51
                ECU 13
                M -36.

I think Peacock is NBC fyi. Yes, this whole niche viewing on random streaming services thing is annoying.
                Interested to see what M WRs standout. Specifically, a Peyton O’Leary encore.​
                How many Michigan will be on Peacock this year?

F'ing annoying as hell. I actually have that SAturday off and now I won't be able to watch it.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Peacock is like $4/month.

Comment

Pay the bird.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      Pay the bird.
                      I pay enough as is for streaming.

I pay for

Max
                      Disney +/Hulu/ESPN bundle
                      Paramount +
                      Amazon Prime (yearly)

plus I pick up the Direct TV for my parents (who are 80 and 76 currently)

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

OK...don't pay the bird.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

$5.99
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

OK...flip the bird at the bird...

...and liney...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Michigan has exactly one game on a streaming service this season and you can probably get a 1 week free trial and cancel after the game.

The PAC-X’s only hope for survival was a 100% all streaming package on Apple TV. Let’s reserve our outrage for more warranted issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X