Michigan 31, Rutgers 7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 31, Rutgers 7.

A noon game against a motivated and likely improved team from last season. The line opened with M a 30.5 favorite, has already trended down to 29.5 The OU is 44. Rutgers, 3-0, defeated Va Tech 35-16 on Saturday. VaTech is 1-2. I don't know if Va Tech is just bad or if Rutgers is good. Favor the later. Some Rutgers stats from last year:
    • Based on the moneyline, Rutgers' implied probability is 59% to go over its regular season over/under of four wins.
    • While the Scarlet Knights ranked 37th in total defense with 346.9 yards allowed per game last season, they were a little worse on offense, ranking fifth-worst (281.3 yards per game).
    • The Scarlet Knights were a bottom-25 pass offense last season, ranking eighth-worst with 154.3 passing yards per contest. Defensively, they ranked 29th in FBS (204 passing yards allowed per game).
    • Rutgers totaled 126.9 rushing yards per game on offense (96th in FBS) last season, and it ranked 54th defensively with 142.9 rushing yards allowed per game.
    • The Scarlet Knights ranked fourth-worst in third-down percentage (28.5%) last season, but they played better on defense, ranking 35th with a 34.9% third-down percentage allowed.
    ​On the "Rutgers is good and M, based on it's poor play v. BGSU, could be in trouble this coming Saturday and Rutgers almost beat M last season ," line, this is still Rutgers. I think fans are generally down on M after Saturday's horror show. So, recency bias trending towards an M loss. Well, don't think so. Harbaugh will be back on the sidelines. I think he was missed, especially yesterday. The sideline coaching seemed less than fine tuned. I think that will change and be a plus for McCarthy. The uncharacteristic high variance M experienced will revert to the mean. M is a better football team than it showed yesterday and better, by along shot, compared to Rutgers. So, get out of your funk.

I expect to see M very focused next Saturday and play much better hopefully error free. If that happens M should prevail.

M 42, Rutgers 24
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 17, 2023, 12:24 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

30 point spread? Very easy bet to take the points.

Comment

I'm 3-0 so far in our pick 'em taking the points against Michigan. Very easy. Rutgers at +30.5 is also a lock.

Comment

I have to say -- from what I've seen of M, the OL isn't where it has been.

That said, the DL looks very good.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

The o-line, and really the offense in general, has sputtered. The defense has been very good but they haven't faced many good athletes. Still haven't had Will Johnson or Rod Moore play either. They will be huge additions when they're ready to go. Fortunately, it looks like Michigan isn't alone among highly ranked teams having prolonged stretches of stupid. Georgia was down 14-3 at the half in Athens to So. Car. Texas was tied 10-10 with Wyoming in the 4th quarter. Alabama was tied 3-3 with USF late in the 3rd quarter. Florida State escaped Boston College by 2 points.

Time to put it together though. I expect a much more focused Michigan team with Harbaugh on the sidelines.

Comment

Well, M again has one of the worst schedules I've ever seen -- Rutgers at home is literally the hardest game they have until November. So they have weeks to get things straightened out without consequence.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Never underestimate what a well-prepared and motivated Big Ten team can do to you on any given Saturday.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Except Nebraska.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    Never underestimate what a well-prepared and motivated Big Ten team can do to you on any given Saturday.
                    Well, that negates MSU.

Comment

OK MSU and Nebraska and fNw
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Well, M again has one of the worst schedules I've ever seen -- Rutgers at home is literally the hardest game they have until November. So they have weeks to get things straightened out without consequence.
                        MSU > Rutgers

Comment

No

Comment

Have to agree. MSU is a blazing dumpster fire right now, and no fire department is responding.

It appears that TUCK!!!!!!!! wants to take what's left of the program down with him.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I think Sparty is in for a world of shit and that’s just not my bias talking. IF they make an excellent hire, it will still be a couple years until they’re a functional program. It’s important to remember that Tucker was driving it into the ground as it was. Talent is very scarce on their roster and recruiting was in the toilet. Now you add on a big scandal that’s getting national attention… Not good for ole Sparty. Not good at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X