Michigan 52, Indiana 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 52, Indiana 7

The only identifiable risk to M's BTC unbeaten streak, now at 31, is some kind of letdown after two dominating B2B performances on the road. I'd add, like nothing I've seen prior to this season. Don't count on that letdown happening. This is a very confident and focused team.

IU experienced some resurgence during Tom Allen's early tenure as HC there. He was hired by former IU HC Kevin Wilson as DC building a strong defense from scratch and shortly thereafter rose to the HC job when Wilson resigned. Allen had early recruiting successes and playing IU in Bloomington became a scary proposition. They were fun to watch on offense as IU featured great dual threat QB play. Allen's IU beat Michigan in the 2020 shortened COVID season and it's been downhill for IU since then. Allen leads the Hoosiers against M in Ann Arbor with a 0-2 BTE record and 2-3 overall. They are bad at everything. They rank #109 in total offense (worse than Nebraska) and 69th in total defense. They turn the ball over a lot and have suffered 6 interceptions in 5 games.

I rather enjoy M's drubbings they are inflicting on clearly inferior football opponents. Everyone keeps talking about wait until M's last three games when they actually have to play good football teams - that would be PSU, Maryland and osu, the PSU and Maryland games away. I'm beginning to think M's productive offense and stingy defense may not be as heavily opponent dependent as M's critics claim they are. OL play (overwhelming) and the front 7 of M's defense play (suffocating) has gotten so good over the last 6 games that is hard to see even those last three opponents beating M - if victory is as dependent on the play in the trenches that football analysts say it is.. It's going to be an almost certain win and that little ESPN dial that displays win percentage is going to start out at above 90%. By how much will, IMO, depend a lot on IU's turnover rate, short fields delivered to M and/or interceptions run back for TDs. If IU turns it over a lot, M will score in the 50s. Ho Hum.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

HARBAUGH!!!!!!! 48 Who's Yers 7
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Rutgers remains, by far and away, the best team M has played. Rutgers.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Hang in there. You'll like Michigan's 2024 schedule a lot more.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Rutgers remains, by far and away, the best team M has played. Rutgers.
          We’ll get to everyone we need to play eventually.

Nice comeback victory over the Terps in the Shoe yesterday. One day we’ll play a team that good. The Terps, I mean.

Comment

Let’s enjoy the blowouts. Next year will be much, much different.

Comment

Oh how things have changed since 2020. The devastating M 21-38 loss to IU as Aidan Hutchinson went down to a significant injury in that game too. Fun fact: IU was ranked as high as #9 overall that season. M smartly hired away IU’s secret sauce in Mike Hart.
              I wish M could treat this like an actual NFL preseason game and rest all starters. We’re just going to see more of the same for M. Stress free steamroll.

M 48
              IU 6
              M -34

star wars GIF by The Ringer
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

We’ll get to everyone we need to play eventually.

Nice comeback victory over the Terps in the Shoe yesterday. One day we’ll play a team that good. The Terps, I mean.
                Covered!

Fortunately they still play 4 quarters in CFB.

Comment

Yes, agreed. Otherwise, we'd never get to see games where 73 out of 74 dressed players get to play.

OSU gives that time to starters to sharpen their skills and build statistics, but I guess that's okay too. That's what Urbs thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Covered!

One day we’ll get to play a team as tough as ND. I hope our team is up to the task and can pull 17 magical points out of their ass.

Comment

The sass is thick yet enjoyable.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

And then, ND had to play Louisville....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

One day we’ll get to play a team as tough as ND. I hope our team is up to the task and can pull 17 magical points out of their ass.
                          Oh, Penn State is damn good. That'll be a tough game.

As far as rallying against Maryland at home -- that seems like a forumula for winning the B10. Or at least it was in 2022.

Anyway -- much respect to you getting your shots in while you can. M is clearly the best team in CFB in 2023 and OSU is very much not. Things will change very rapidly going forward, but for now, it's a giant bag of suck.

Comment

M is clearly the best team in CFB in 2023 and OSU is very much not. Things will change very rapidly going forward,
                            Your deference to M football under Harbaugh is noted. I wouldn't be so sure about your last sentence though. Don't forget that going forward, you'll be saddled with the Albatross that is Ryan Day.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Next year is going to suck for M. It's a good thing that I don't really care anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X