Michigan 41, Purdue 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 41, Purdue 13

Michigan comes off a bye week to face the 2-5 Boilermakers on Saturday, November 4th. Purdue is also having a bye this coming weekend. In the past, M had a tendency to play flat, uninspired football. We have yet to see team 144 do anything than demonstrate a laser focus on the game at hand as it is played.

Purdue is the next victim enroute to contests against @ PSU, Noon Fox, @ the Terps TBD and the buckeyes Fox Noon in that order. It's hard not to look ahead to those final three games that will determine M's trend line to the BTC and CFP. But those games are for later. Purdue and their big drum comes to Ann Arbor as not much more than a speed bump in the pathway toward M's 2023/Team 144's goals.

Purdue adds to the distressing list of terrible football offenses in the BTW and in the second and third tiers of the entire BT conference. Yes, it's a transition year with new HC and staff but QB play has limited what Purdue does on the field as much as it has for the entire BIG QB roster.

We're at a point in the season where raw cumulative stats say a lot about the team's MO. Purdue struggles to win games. Their avenge points per game is 23, opponents 30. Their yards/rushing attempt is 3.2; opponents rack up 4.6. Purdue QBs average 6y/per passing attempt and yields almost 8. Those stats speak volumes about a Purdue team that has no identity being shitty at running and passing the ball and just as shitty defending opponents pass and run game. There's no attempt at sass there. Purdue is just bad at football right now and aren't likely to show much deviation from who they are when they play Michigan in Ann Arbor even with a bye week. Gadget plays? Purdue still has them and there is enough film of them for Minter to figure out what they do and how to not to have his defense get caught by surprise with them.

I don't think there is any question that M fans are probably over-valuing the football team right now. It's hard not to with good reason and especially on the high of a Sunday where MSU just got paved. Recency bias not with standing, and looking at the relative strengths of M's next 4 opponents, it's hard not to say M's chances of going 4-0 in those important contests are pretty good.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 23, 2023, 11:12 AM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

M is outstanding at demolishing bad teams. That’s known.

It’ll be interesting to see how they level up. I think JJ is really the element that makes it very likely they’ll level up well. And I think the defense is diverse enough that it’ll be fine (unlike Don Brown who beat the bejesus out outmanned teams but couldn’t level up).

Purdue is terrible. Ohio State RAN on them.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

M is outstanding at demolishing Ohio State. That’s known.
      FIFY

Comment

I see what you did there.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

My hope is M uses the bye week to prepare for Penn State and Ohio State. They can go completely vanilla against Purdue and still steamroll them. Purdue’s horrid 17 game losing streak vs Wisconsin suggests how they historically struggle against trench warfare type teams. M should dominate there as usual.

M 41
          Purdue 10
          Guessing the spread will be M -29 and I will take M there with a 31 point predicted win from me.

The regular season starts on 11/11/23 vs Penn State.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

M sets a record of night games during a season. The new contract has no limits to a team's night games. Last contract, it did. The link below provides more details.

I think this just sucks. It's cold in November. I'm not planning on being in Ann Arbor for it but if I was, there's a good chance I'd watch on TV. Granted, I'm now part of the "blue haired" M fans cohort. I'm already experiencing a steep drop of in night vision that's partly due to cataracts that I will have removed in January. But as you age, the retina declines in it's ability to send signals to the visual cortex in low light circumstances - and believe me, I can tell. Through my late 40's I had perfect vision, day or night. Now, 30y later my night vision is limited.

The point is that if you are a blue hair and insist on sitting in the stadium to watch the game, sometime a little before midnight, you'll head for your car, jump in, rev up the heater, turn the key to start ........a dangerous trip with impaired night vision in the darkness of the dead of night to wherever you have to go. If you have not reached the age of declining vision, you won't be among the drivers that are doing 25 in 50mph zone because you can't see shit. Stay away from them.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 23, 2023, 11:25 AM.

Comment

This will be a beatdown...again.

HARBAUGH!!!!!!! 55 Purdon't 13
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

That's not even counting the Big Ten Championship and playoffs.

Comment

Purdue won't break double digits in scoring. 42-3, something like that.

Comment

To put the beatdown in perspective...UNL is -3 vs. Purdue this week.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

55-6 then.

STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I'll allow it.

Comment

heh

shaddup
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

We ought to start a pool to name which game will Michigan give up its first 3rd Quarter points.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

UGA scores on a 62 yard FG in the title game...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                              X