Michigan 24, PSU 15.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 24, PSU 15.

I already sense Liney's fear. M is coming off a pedestrian offensive performance against Purdue. Its a road game. It's HV where M will face a ranked opponent who just demolished Maryland 51- 15. This will be M's first test of their lofty rankings. At this point, I don't have enough information to meaningfully talk about this game yet. I'll continue to read this week.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

M 31
    Penn State 17
    Cry baby James Franklin (a long with other cry babies) can go cry some more as M rolls.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Bloodbath,
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Our running game sucks for some reason. This one is a toss-up. We have a huge advantage at QB but not really anywhere else.

Comment

Fortunately, it’s a game that you simply need to win by any score and get out of town. I’m confident in a Michigan victory but they’ll be challenged for the first time this season. Thank god Janklin is on the other sideline. He alone is worth 7-10 points for his opponent.

Comment

I'd like to think that if OSU could hold them to 12 points, that Michigan should be able to hold them to 10 or less. But I'm concerned that I think I saw some chinks in our armour last night vs Purdue where they were able to make significant yardage, especially on first down, by running the ball. My concern is that Pedo is better than Purdue at running the ball, and if Michigan plays the same as they did last night, Pedo can take advantage of that better than the Boilers.

And I'm a little concerned about JJ's tendency last night to throw behind his receivers so much. Even his completeions seemed to be behind the receiver. Against MSU his timing and velocity were impeccable. He took a teeny step backward last night, but I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt because he was coming off a bye week, and may have been a bit rusty.

Purdue continued our opponents tactic of loading up the LOS with 7-8 defenders in the box, especially in running situations. While we were watching, I told my son, "Why is Michigan insistent on running the ball against that defense... why don't we audible out of it?" .. Well, right after that, there came the reverse pitch to Samaj Morgan, who was 10 yards downfield before anyone knew he had the ball. So, maybe Sherrone Moore was setting up Purdue for that play. Who knows ... But its still maddening to see the "Bo" mentality of insisting on running the ball, when the defense is stacked against it. Especially when you have a QB like JJ and the receiving corps we have. And the TE's seemed to not be a big target either.

Finally my biggest concern is for the Michigan fans that will attend the game at HV. They're going to be targeted for abuse by people who are taking this Stalions thing WAY too seriously, and I am worried for their safety. The team and its entourage will have police protection but individuals will not. I'm honestly worried about that.

I'm not ready to predict a score, but I have an uneasy feeling that M would have lost to Pedo had they played last night. I hope this week's preparation will bring some innovation and check-downs that are really needed.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Will be an ugly game. Franklin will turn into a shitfest.

SPYBAUGH!!!!!!! 30 FRANKLIN!!!!!!! 19
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Franklin tears of crybaby antics will score higher then the score. As in this will be low scoring and UM will squeak by. Spygate aside, Michigan isn't as good as the last few years and pedo is better than last year.

Comment

He took a teeny step backward last night, but I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt because he was coming off a bye week, and may have been a bit rusty.
                  Walters has a defense that has an organic rush using 5 DL with the 2 DEs outside the OTs. LBs tend to drop into coverage and are not blitzers. The Walters defense really doesn't employ some kind of "blitz" packages. He's getting it with 5-7 guys putting pressure on JJ. Clearly, he had trouble with that in the face of the Purdue defense that changed to zone at the snap. M's favorite TE game and slant game got neutralized.

Still, despite a damn good Purdue defensive game plan, M scored 41 points and passed for a season high 337 yards. In other words, the offense got the job done adjusting to the feverish pass rush to make throws to receivers who were open or matched up with LBs.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Looking forward to this game, do think we match up well with the Lions, especially our defense. Don't think Penn State is a threat to score 17+ (offensively) which they'll need to beat Michigan. Probably will be a low scoring (leaning the under), 1-possession type game in the 4th quarter that should go Michigan's way even with it being at Happy Valley.

Penn State's body of work is better than I had envisioned when I downgraded them after their close win vs Indiana. Still, think Michigan's blue-chip talent on offense is a level better than the Nittany Lions which should decide the outcome of the game.

Comment

Space Coyote mentioned what I was thinking about Penn State, their linebackers are excellent in coverage and JJ gets a lot of yards throwing into the middle of the field. Giving away the ball more than once will be hard to overcome in a tough road game.

Comment

The M vs Penn State line is strange.

It was M -7 or -6.5 in the beginning. According to the ESPN app at this time, it’s now M -3.5. Can’t say I’ve seen a line change this rapidly barring key people being out…. Does Vegas know something or is the ESPN app glitchin. 🤔
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

It's 4'-5 right now. It opened at 6' (I think). The drop would have bookmaker-driven at this point in time, not action-driven. Perhaps they sense something will happen this week to affect the line. Or they just like 4'-5 better. I dunno.

Comment

I saw it yesterday somewhere at Michigan -7. If it was virtually cut in half overnight, than Harbaugh is getting suspended today.

Comment

That would seem to be in the tea leaves. Chris Balas and Sam Webb and other "insiders" from all corners of interwebs may be largely full of shit, but Vegas don't play.

Comment

Working...
                              X