Michigan 31, Maryland 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 31, Maryland 24

The Terps have a couple of things going for them. One is QB Taulia Tagovialoa, the other is HC Mike Locksley. The team became bowl eligible by beating Nebraska yesterday. Taulia is not as good as his brother but he's a mobile QB but runs sparingly. His mobility helps him avoid the pass rush and he's good at innovating on the fly. He's throwing the ball between 35 and 40 times per game and has a completion rate in the 60s. Looks good until you realize the team that M just demolished, PSU, beat Maryland 51 - 15. Maryland ran-off 5 straight wins to open the season then promptly lost 4 straight. They got back on track with their win v. Neb.

We should get a better picture of personnel match-ups during the week. But out of the gate on looking at them, they're a good football team that will be playing at home. They score 28.9 ppg (56th of 133) and give up 22.4 ppg (46th of 133). Predictions from me later.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 18, 2023, 04:19 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Cheaters 45 Turtles 10
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I think M needs to plan on scoring at least 40 points in this one to be sure of a win.

Maryland might be able to put the most points on Michigan than any other opponent this year. Tua 2.0 is one of those guys who's hard to contain, AND he can throw pretty well. Michigan coming off a highly emotional win may find themselves a bit flat at first.

We can't get into a game where we pound the rock and score a TD with 6:00 minute drives, .. only to let Tua 2.0 lead his team downfield to score in 1:30.

No score prediction yet, but the defense has to contain Tua II. Somehow.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Penn State scored 51 against Maryland. Now that doesn’t necessarily mean M will score that many points, but Penn State’s passing offense is total shit. Particularly Drew Allar at this time in his young career.

M 48
        Maryland 17

No idea what the spread is. Assuming it’s something in the 20s. Stress free game. Goal is to get to next week healthy and work on situations for future purposes.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

38-17

Tua will hit a few big plays but not as many as Maryland's defense allows.

Comment

^ 1 point better than the Buckeyes

Comment

Against the better defenses Tua makes at least 1 or more poor decisions that lead to turnovers. I see us putting up over 40 points. I can't see Maryland scoring more than 20.

Comment

Uh the turtles scored a whopping 13 against the Huskers and were given 5 fucking turnovers.

What are you people? ON DOPE?​137f35e58d65abf0c8e7872545c2902b.jpg
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Nah, we’re all “cheaters”, remember?

Regardless, Maryland is a big disappointment this year. They might have a little bit of energy for Tua2’s last home game, but they don’t many have fans to impress.

They also have the misfortune of going up against a team that’s pretty pissed off by all of the dipshits calling them “cheaters”.

Maryland isn’t as good as Penn State- and the Terps may be in for a long day.

Sorry.
                  Not Sorry
                  Last edited by Tom W; November 12, 2023, 09:12 PM.

Comment

DraftKings has released the opening betting odds for the game, and the Wolverines are currently 21-point favorites over the Terrapins. The over/under was set at 50.5 points for the total. It's almost a certainty Harbaugh won't be on the sidelines for this game ....... I don't think he'll be on the sidelines for osu either. Fans need to stop thinking it will be otherwise.

There's a possibility that this will be settled between the parties before the hearing on Friday. The B10 likely doesn't want this to drag on and the case will most certainly do that. They also don't want to suffer a finding from the NCAA in M's favor; M would probably be willing to accept a punishment that allows Harbaugh to coach the game against osu, e.g., a fine and two game suspension (served).

I wonder what will happen if the NCAA concludes in their "fast tracked" investigation that Harbaugh can't be linked to Stalion's illegal scouting and therefore, did not violate 11.6. I would not expect a decision from the NCAA on the allegations until well into 2024. The politics of this will very likely play. A finding favorable to M will shit on the B10 Conference. Not sure the NCAA wants to do that as they are already facing challenges and questions about their power and authority to actually run CFB.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                      Nah, we’re all “cheaters”, remember?

Regardless, Maryland is a big disappointment this year. They might have a little bit of energy for Tua2’s last home game, but they don’t many have fans to impress.

They also have the misfortune of going up against a team that’s pretty pissed off by all of the dipshits calling them “cheaters”.

Maryland isn’t as good as Penn State- and the Terps may be in for a long day.

Sorry.
                      Not Sorry
                      Cheating Dopers?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

It's almost a certainty Harbaugh won't be on the sidelines for this game ....... I don't think he'll be on the sidelines for osu either. Fans need to stop thinking it will be otherwise.
                        Yeah, regrettably, I think this is what will happen. I'm wondering did the M legal people mess up by going to the wrong court? Anyway.. I think at this point its a better motivational for Harbaugh to be away, than with the team at this point. Tony Titties and the Big Ten have either wittingly or unwittingly made Harbaugh a martyr in this thing, and the team is responding accordingly. So, at the end of this, Harbaugh will have served a total of six (6) games suspension for buying a couple kids a hamburger, .. and having an assistant who figured out what Nebraska is doing when they hold up a picture of Bob Hope, followed by a picture of Madonna. Wow. Real dangerous stuff there. "Integrity of the game". LOL

Anyway, they got the big Pedo out of the way, that was important. And they may have found their successor to Harbaugh.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

The score of this game depends pretty much entirely on whether Maryland stays true to their character and commits a bunch of dumb mistakes. Turnovers, Tua missing wide open guys for TDs, penalties, etc. I like Mike Locksley as a playcaller, but as a head coach, he can't keep his teams disciplined. Last year, we almost lost to them when they didn't commit any penalties. But unless we get that rare occurence, it will be a Michigan blowout.

Comment

I'm wondering did the M legal people mess up by going to the wrong court?
                            As it turns out, the venue to file M's claim was probably the one they filed in - The Trial Court of Washtenaw County, Judge Timothy Conner, Presiding. The arguments for filing elsewhere include the defendant (B10) is headquartered in Rosemont, IL. It should have been filed there. There's also the question of whether or not a federal court is the proper court to hear the case. For now, it looks like the Washtenaw court will hear and adjudicate the claim.

Comment

Note to Sherrone Moore. Call a more balanced game plan on Saturday. Something more in line with 50/50 balance. Give something for OSU to think about the following weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X