Michigan 30, OSU 24.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 30, OSU 24.

Michigan opened a couple of hours ago as 4 point favorites with an O/U of 41. osu jumped Michigan to garner the #2 spot behind UGA at #1, Michigan moved to #3 - the same place they had occupied last week in the FCP seeding.

I'm expecting a rock fight type of game with the winner grabbing a closely contested football game something like 23-20. I know most of the key match-ups here so, no need to do a bunch of reading, What I don't know is the injury status of osu's players and I do know M is facing some issues here. osu is +1 on players previously injured that returned to play, the key guy is Emeka Egbuka. He had a big game v. the Gophers in his 3rd game after recovering from a high ankle sprain. M's secondary was exposed by a good passer at Maryland throwing to decent receivers that had good games. Minter played a lot zone man coverage and it wasn't great. Things went better on the back end when Minter brought blitzes. Once M was up by 20, Moore decided to turtle. The results of that call was a final score much closer than it should have been. A poorly executed fundamentally zone coverage got had.

The key for M this game is to fluster Honda McCord by getting pressure on him. If he has time to sit in the pocket he'll hit his receivers at will. Minter is more than capable of designing M's defensive game plan and he has the front end to do that. And that is critical to stopping TreVyon Henderson who had a big game v. Minnesota. I feel pretty good about that happening, not so good about giving up big plays in the passing game.

On M's OL, there are pretty significant problems that right now CRD can exploit and he will. JJ's shaky performance v. the Terps was in large measure due to him getting pressured. He threw a couple of really bad passes under pressure. One intercepted with M netting zero points in the red zone and another into the end zone that should have been. JJ is rumored to be dinged up but there is nothing officially on this. Lots of subs playing new positions at OT are the problem with Terps seeing the issues and blasting past the LT and RT to get to JJ consistently throughout the game.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 25, 2023, 04:27 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

OSU will win very easily. Apparent injury problems on our side, tons of distractions, and the offense sucks if they have to face someone with a pulse. Defense was badly overrated. Talent will be very pleased. Their two year nightmare is over.

it has been a great 36-3 run. Two B1G championships and two wins over OSU. Definitely more than I thought we’d have a few years ago by now. But it’s over, and so is college football as we know it. And so is Michigan for likely a long time. Point forward, I’ll be around way less. I’m still seeking hobby suggestions if anyone has any good ones.
    Last edited by Hannibal; November 19, 2023, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I think its a tossup, but has the potential to to be a blowout for osu. They're on the upswing. Michigan is headed downward. Every incentive and intangible is in favor of osu. If they mess this up, its their own fricking fault.

We're weak on the L side of our offense vs the pass rush. JJ is nowhere near the efficient passer he was at mid-season. He had a dazzling game vs MSU, but hasn't been able to duplicate that since. The defense has saved the team's bacon in the last two games, but I don't know how they can do that in this next one. They'll be on the field too much due to the lack of TOP from the offense. M was lucky to escape College Park with a W. osu is a much better team.

So, at 11-1, they'll likely still qualify for a NYD bowl, but will be short handed by pretty much everyone who can leave for the NFL. M's bowl team will be starting some 3rd stringers in that one. Yippee. Then, after that, the NCAA takes over, led by osu operatives within the organization, and they'll destroy what's left of Michigan football for years to come. Really good stuff there.

I'll shortly be joining the exodus from here, sometime after the bowl game, at a time of my own choosing. I'm not coming in here to watch Michigan's enemies gloat over the stupidity of what the NCAA will be doing. And with Michigan's football program destroyed by the NCAA, there won't be anything going on here worth discussing. I've got better things to do. Grandkids, family, friends, work... all come before this. I'll probably see some of you on FB.

I hope M can pull the upset this week. If not, I've enjoyed the fun of the last 3 seasons. That's what I'll choose to remember.
      Last edited by lineygoblue; November 19, 2023, 04:57 PM.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

HARBAUGHless******* 27 The World (osu) 21
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Lines, stop the hand ringing. Talent is a fucking troll. I mean, WTF. He comes to an M sports forum and tries to light shit up. After his falling for this BS sign stealing narrative himself, he comes in to troll M fans. Call his sorry ass out. This is a media generated hit job on the winningest CFB program in CFB history.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

yawn
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Jeff - my concern about M is genuine. I think yesterday the kids showed signs that this crap the Big Ten and NCAA is doing is having an effect on them. A desired effect, I'm sure. Maybe being back home with the stadium crowd will help them a bit, but I'm not sure its enough to overcome what osu will be bringing. I was hoping that maybe Michigan's bad weather might show up, and even the playing field a bit by taking away Harrison, but the weather should be fine by then.

I do see ways that M can win this. Its not a osu walkover situation like they've had so many times in the 2000's. But I felt better about the '21 game than I do about this one. JJ has to get back to the way he played against Sparty. And the D has to find a way to take away Harrison. Nobody else has been able to do it.

Comment

The line was M -5.5 yesterday. It has come down a little since then. Surprising to me because Ohio State has a lot going for them:
                - Elite skills players. In particular, healthy Henderson and a top 2 player in college football in MHJ.
                - Typical Ohio State OLine.
                - Elite defense. Spooky in how they force so many turnovers.

Whereas M, there’s some concerns:
                - McCarthy is not 100% healthy.
                - The OT situation has become a troubling situation. Barnhart a dumpster fire in pass protection. No idea who will be healthy and available for the other starting spot.
                - Roman Wilson. I don’t know what to believe in M circles because there’s been misinformation in recent weeks. They said Wilson’s situation was precautionary. Was it? or did he suffer a concussion and you’re hiding it…
                - No HARBAUGH.
                - This is the game where we truly find out if M had an advantage with CS’s sign stealing.

Honda McCord must be that pedestrian of a QB if the line makes any sense to me. Otherwise, it seems like a no brainer to pick OSU +4.5. It would also selfishly serve as a hedge bet for us M fans. Either M wins the biggest game since 2006 or MONEY!!
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Comment

He’s 100% correct. The level of pearl clutching over this shit is so ridiculous it becomes hard to take any of it seriously.

Like, what if we get “hammered” for in-person advanced scouting? What does that even look like? A bowl ban? Ah shit, we won’t get to lose to Kentucky in the Music City Bowl next year. Who gives a fuck?!

Comment

Kentucky wants a piece of you badly!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Get in line, fuckers!

Comment

Careful what you wish for my fiend...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            He’s 100% correct. The level of pearl clutching over this shit is so ridiculous it becomes hard to take any of it seriously.

Like, what if we get “hammered” for in-person advanced scouting? What does that even look like? A bowl ban? Ah shit, we won’t get to lose to Kentucky in the Music City Bowl next year. Who gives a fuck?!
                            Mike with the post of the day, and probably the most coherent post on the subject in the last month.

Well done, my friend.

And he's 100% correct. The '24 team is going to struggle to win 8 games. If everyone leaves this year, who is eligible to leave, the '24 team won't look anything like it does today. I'd take 8 wins right now, and be satisfied with the '24 season. A low level bowl berth is the ceiling.
                            Last edited by lineygoblue; November 20, 2023, 05:13 AM.

Comment

8 wins is probably only if JJ comes back. Hell, we don't even know who the coach will be. If ever there's a time to have a postseason ban the next year or two is it.

Comment

Working...
                              X