Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 min to go, we just killed another UNO power play---we're perfect in 4 penaltie kills so far.

Oops, another penalty on U of M, elbowing is the call, 2-minute minor

Comment

• killed that penalty, too---ONO had no shots on goal as we killed penalty #5

12:05 to go in the game

Comment

• M gos on the PP with 8:26 to go in the 3rd...

Comment

• PP over, 6 to go, still knotted up 2-2

Comment

• down to last 2 minutes...

lots of action---M just missed an empty net as we deked goalie out of position but fanned...then UNO put HUGE pressure on Hunwick in our end, but he kept 'em out of the goal...50 sec to go

Comment

• going to OT, ...not you, Mike, but the game, tied up after regulation, still 2-2

Comment

• at 17:25 to go in the first OT, they've been reviewing a non-call of a Michigan goal---I'm 99% sure it was in, but the angles fall just a hair short of conclusive----they've been discussing this among the officials for about 10 minutes now...

Comment

• IT'S A GOAL!!!!!!!

MEEEEEEEEEEEECHIGAN WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Any M Hockey Fans that want to see what just happened in OT, the game will be rebroadcast on ESPNU tonight at 11:30.

I think it's also available on demand on ESPN3 (though I haven't searched the site to really know for sure) ----but YOU ALL HAVE TO SEE WHAT THEN TRANSPIRED!!!! It had to be about 15 minutes or so as they reviewed and re-reviewed all angles over and over, then finally made the call of GOAL----MICHIGAN!!
                    Last edited by Rob F; March 25, 2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• I'll have to remind myself to do so. Apologies to the Nebraska folk out here. I saw that it was Omaha and not Lincoln.

Comment

• What's not going to be talked about amid the controversy is the penalty kill at the start of OT----just 17 seconds into the OT period, U of M got whistled for a 2 minute minor penalty. About half-way thru the penalty, UNO put huge pressure from close in on Hunwick, he made the initial save, but in the scramble around the net as bodies flew all over, he ended up out of the crease as the puck bounced around just outside the goalie crease, and a UNO player finally got off a shot from about 6 feet away----fortunately, freshamn John Merrill had the hockey sense to block the shot while Hunwick tried to scramble back into the crease, then the loose puck was again corraled by a UNO player, another shot on goal, and somehow, with cat-quick reflexes, somehow Hunwick made a sensational save!

This sequence saved the game for Michigan, as Michigan then finally killed the penalty, then just 20 or so seconds later, brought the puck to teh other end, where, finally, Kevin Lynch was given credit for the game-winner after the looooooooooonnnnnnnnnng review.

Comment

• Time for a beer----I'm still fired up! Go Michigan! GO BLUE!!!!

Comment

• BTW, #1 ranked and overall #1 seed Yale just scored in OT to knock Air Force out in the East region, final score 2-1

Comment

• I think Mr. Doug was there today. I'm sure his tailgate crew is pretty happy right now.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• And BC scores 19 seconds into the game to take an early lead on CC. Wow.

Rob, I got home midway through the 3rd period of the AFA-Yale game and watched the conclusion. Really enjoyed the analysis of the UM goal. You really can see it on the HD broadcast but it's very difficult. You can detect a little movement from the puck several inches behind the line right before it squirts into the open. I always like to look at fan and player reactions in those situations because they are spontaneous and raw. All the Michigan fans behind the goal jumped up immediately and starting pointing at the goal as did Kevin Lynch. Let's you know right away that they all saw the same thing. The low angle camera shot looked like the puck was over the line, too, but that was from center ice.

At the end of the day I look at it like this: Michigan was completely screwed in OT last year so fuck it.
                                Last edited by Mike; March 25, 2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X