X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO.com Division I Men's Poll

December 14, 2015

Team(First Place Votes)RecordPointsLast Poll1Providence(48)12- 0-399612North Dakota( 1)16- 2-293243Quinnipiac( 1)15- 1-288024Boston College13- 2-179835St. Cloud State14- 4-079366Nebraska-Omaha12- 3-177957Harvard6- 1-369678Massachusetts-Lowell10- 3-462989Cornell8- 1-25641010Michigan9- 3-35329

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-me...#ixzz3ubr09TfN
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Michigan Hockey won the GLI Tournament tonight at Joe Louis Arena by a final score of 4-2 over Michigan Tech.

Michigan retains the GLI Tournament Title for the 2nd consecutive year, and has won the tournament 17 times in its 50 year existence.

In the consolation game, Northern Michigan beat Michigan State 3-2 in overtime.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Win win!!

Michigan was down 2-0 after the first period but scored 3 in the 2nd and added an empty netter late.

Comment

• Michigan ran Sparty out of the building last night 9-2. We were down 1-0 with 7 minutes left in the first and erupted for 5 goals in 6 mimutes to silence the home fans in that dark, dank, hellhole they call Munn Ice Arena. Game two of the series set for tonight at 7:00 on BTN.

Michigan was helped by Zach Werenski who returned from captaining Team USA in the World Junior Championships. Some of you may know that the WJC is the biggest sporting event in the world for Canadians replacing the Stanley Cup since no Canadian teams ever win it anymore. Werenski and Team USA lost a heartbreaker to Russia 2-1 in the semifinals but bounced back to win the bronze medal game.

For an update on Team Canada I'll turn it over to our resident hoser expert, OP.

Comment

• First, congratulations OT on moderatorship appointment, you will serve the Forum well.

Second, we've been over this 100 times, the NHL is now a 4 billion dollar a year machine, matters little where a team may be domiciled, the Cup is always been hosted by a Canadian Captain for Canadians since 1893. (Hatcher (US) & Lidstrom (team IKEA) the only exceptions.

Bravo Captain Toews (Winnipegian) a proud Canadian tradition, 2015 Stanley Cup Champion.

Hardest trophy to win in professional sports, hands down.
            Our gift to the world!

World Jrs. to follow.
            Last edited by Prime2; January 9, 2016, 04:16 PM.
            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Michigan wins 6-3. They scored 5 straight goals after Sparty scored first. Michigan now 13-3-3 on the season and 4-1-1 in the Big Ten.

We've won 15 of the last 19 against Sparty. MSU hockey is going through their HokeRod era and it is glorious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                MSU hockey is going through their HokeRod era and it is glorious.

Heh. At 5-15-2 so far this season, its mostly Rod. Good guys out scoring the Sparties 15-5 in this home and home.

We're currently sitting at #8 with a fairly strong team. Imagine if Larkin was still around...
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• For an update on Team Canada I'll turn it over to our resident hoser expert, OP.
                  Thanks Mike, even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut, so take off eh!

One game sudden-death elimination, anything can happen.

Jake Virtanen's performance at the World Junior Hockey Championship after Canada was eliminated in the quarterfinals by Finland was a F'in' joke. Virtanen had a nightmare tournament. He finished with a lone assist in five games, and the team lead in penalty minutes (10). Six of those minutes came in Saturday's loss, including four late in the game, when Virtanen was issued slashing and tripping minors on the same play, which set up the game winner PP for Finland!

Although born in BC, he possesses Finnish citizenship too, so the fix may have been in?
                  On loan from the Vancouver Canucks, this assclown has a short life in the pros, IMO.

Points of clarification:

1.) Drok & George are resident Hosers too.

2.) In the 29-year history of the World Jr. Championship, Canada has won GOLD, 16 times & SILVER 8 times, appearing in 24 of 29 Tournament Finals, a remarkable feat, really should be re-named Canada versus the World Tournament.

3.) Canada has won more GOLD medals than the rest of the entire world combined.

4.) Canada had nine players in the NHL as pros that were eligible to play the Tourny (19 yrs old and under) but deemed too valuable by their Clubs....injured Connor McDavid comes to mind. Anyway, if we truly played best-on-best, top 24 players for each country, I highly doubt Canada loses, ever.
                  Last edited by Prime2; January 10, 2016, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Canada has yet to figure out most the world doesn't care much about hockey?

Comment

• Hockey is the best sport ever invented, in my opinion.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• No argument from me!

Programming alert: UM-OSU hockey is playing a rare Sunday afternoon game today at 5:00 down at Yost. BTN/BTN2GO with the coverage.

Comment

• A tie last time with lowly Ohio A & M?

Comment

• Correct. 5-5 on Friday night. Just a tremendous disappointment but we did overcome a 3-goal deficit to lose in a shootout and salvage a point.

Comment

• Correction: Local broadcast is on FSD. Streaming available on BTN2GO.

#6 Michigan up 1-0 early.

Comment

• Michigan scored 5 in the 3rd period to win 8-6. They are averaging 4.7 goals per game which is the highest since UND averaged 4.4 12 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X