X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's not the hard-workin' type.

Comment

• DSL, as far as we know, this doesn't involve Ward Manuel. It's NCAA tournament protocol so, the team was subject to that.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Sorry, meant the Athletic Department as a whole. I'm just thinking the football season ended with multiple canceled games...the bball team missed 3 weeks...now the hockey forced to withdraw. I don't know how every last school has done but it just seems like you guys have struggled more than most to keep teams on the field

Comment

• This is what M athletics is for most of us - BPONE - the black pit of negative expectations. Very little stuff seems to go in a positive way, being snake bit or whatever you want to call bad luck. That's aggravated by a university milieu characterized by dumb decisions and incompetence.

IOW, maybe events wouldn't always seem to go sideways all the time if bad shit were anticipated and planned for. The cause of the loss of three weeks of M basketball is a perfect example. I suspect time may tell what went on with the hockey team's elimination from the NCAA tournament. Somehow I just think there's more to this story.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Hockey team also lost 3 weeks during the season. One nut punch after another.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Fielding H. Yost gets cancelled. Bo will be gone soon as well.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/202...key-arena.html

"A committee commissioned by the University of Michigan president has recommended that the school remove Fielding H. Yost’s name from its ice hockey arena, citing a history of racial issues involving the former football coach and athletic director.

An eight-person panel of university historians recently made the “unanimous” preliminary recommendation after a year-long review of Yost, who worked at Michigan in a high-profile capacity from 1901 to 1941."

Last edited by Mike; May 24, 2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• How sad. Can't we just agree that none of us are perfect, and there are things in everyone's past that they regret, and would do differently if they could?

These same people existed in the time of Christ. They loved pointing out other people's sins. People that are so self-righteous that Christ told them, (my interpretation), "Ok, fine, let the first one among you who has no sins throw the first rock".

Hyprcrites.

Comment

• The Woke Supremacists strike again.

Comment

• John U. Bacon

FWIW, no one involved in the report has ever contacted me about it, or asked my opinion about renaming Yost Ice Arena. I don't make that decision. Since I started writing about Yost, I've tried to report the facts and pursue the truth as best I can.

Comment

• Justice for Knute Rockne at long last!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        John U. Bacon

FWIW, no one involved in the report has ever contacted me about it, or asked my opinion about renaming Yost Ice Arena. I don't make that decision. Since I started writing about Yost, I've tried to report the facts and pursue the truth as best I can.
                        Thanks for that link to Bacon's Twitter. I was disappointed when he was mentioned in the original article. They sure made it sound like he was involved in the process which he, of course, was not.

Michigan shouldn't stop there. They should remove all mention of Yost to include scrubbing all of Ufer's tapes where he references the man.

"Thank you for that one, Fielding H. Yost!"
                        Last edited by Mike; May 24, 2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• It’s a religion and Yost is haram.

Comment

• Didn't the News article mention that after the incident where Yost sat the black player, that from then on, whenever Michigan went on the road, they would not stay in segregated hotels, or eat in segregated restaurants? Didn't he have a complete turnaround? Is anyone allowed to redeem themselves anymore?

Even George Corley Wallace, the man who stood in front of the University of Alabama and refused to allow black students in, ... changed his whole outlook, and became an advocate for civil rights. He was honored by black and white folks alike at his funeral.

Why is the world so bent on being unforgiving?

Comment

• Shocking that a guy born in 1871 West Virginia wasn’t sufficiently woke for the self-righteous mobs of 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Shocking that a guy born in 1871 West Virginia wasn’t sufficiently woke for the self-righteous mobs of 2021.
                                All human beings must have been irredeemably terrible until the latter half of the 20th Century when anti-racists were born.

Comment

Working...
                                X