Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a chance that yesterday's announcement by the CDC shortening quarantine guidance to 5d (conditions and requirements apply) from up to 14d previously affected M's COVID protocols. The biggest hit for athletes was close contact with a known positive precipitated quarantine. Now, if you've been vaxed and you're asymptomatic, you don't have to quarantine at all but there are some stupid masking requirements ...... I think those only apply to close contacts with symptoms ...... it is overly complex and like I said the CDC left a bag of shit on the front porch, lit it, rang the doorbell then ran. Thank goodness there are people smarter than I am that can put it all together
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The college hockey world is not happy with Michigan over their decision to cancel the Western game. I forgot that we have 5 guys playing in the World Juniors. It sure looks like we're ducking a very good Western team (currently ranked #4) that we split with earlier in the season.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ege-Hockey.php

Whether Michigan's decision really is an egregious flouting of circumstances and/or poor sportsmanship, is up to debate. But the decision undoubtedly looks horrible.

In case you missed it, Michigan announced it could not play its Dec. 30 game against Western Michigan. Its reason? "(D)ue to health and welfare protocols." A phrase so vague as to be meaningless. Michigan has denied repeated attempts to elaborate.

Mean time, Michigan is still scheduled to play Michigan Tech on Dec. 29 — the day before — in the other GLI showcase game.

It begged — and still begs — the immediate question: If Michigan is in such bad shape, how is it able to play Dec. 29 and not Dec. 30?

The easy conclusion is that Michigan is ducking Western Michigan, a top-end Pairwise team that nearly swept the Wolverines earlier in the season. Michigan has five prominent players out at the World Juniors — major star players. WMU is intact. Taking a loss here could hurt its Pairwise, and Michigan doesn't want to take the chance.

When I suggested on Twitter yesterday that this is how it appears, I got a massive amount of positive feedback, including from WMU players. Clearly they think this is true. No one really disputed it.

Note how, above, Michigan carefully sidestepped using the word "COVID" in its release announcing the decision. It cites a vague "health and welfare protocol." Is this to give plausible deniability to the real reason? Like, players aren't affected by COVID, but Michigan is just missing too many of them and is worried the remaining players will be too tired for the second game?

Not a good look at all.

Comment

• We’re Covid Karen U.

Comment

• Two of the leading Karen's in the country reside in Michigan. One resides in Ann Arbor in the President's office at UM.

The other resides in the Governors mansion.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Harbaugh is at Yost tonight! Great sign.

Comment

• And saw a big win! We’ve now beaten 5 top 10 teams this season.

Comment

• Saw we have dropped to #6. It was nice to spank the defending champs last night.
                I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• They play again today at 4:00 on ESPNU.

Comment

• Is the roster full, or are they still missing some players at the World Juniors, or some such thing?

Comment

• ...here is what I picture liney looking like watching M hockey...
                      Attached Files
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Liney, they’re back at full strength. The World Juniors ended up being cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          ...here is what I picture liney looking like watching M hockey...
                          I don't look THAT good, Wiz...

Comment

• ...well you are no Jack Lemmon so I went with Walter...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• M sweeps last seasons NC, UMASS, winning 4-1 in game #2. I could become a renewed M Hockey Fan. Sort of stopped watching it years ago. Same for the Wings. Huge fan when I lived and skated in Michigan, of course that's when Gordy was playing.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Huge sweep this weekend. Michigan is up to #2 in Pairwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X