This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    Best player in the Finals seems to be a Soph named Josh Jackson, Detroit Consortium, 6'8", 205 who can shoot. Muskegon has a junior named Davis, 6' 9" (already committed to MSU). Best defensive player I saw.

It is halftime of the Texas game, and I simply cannot understand why a 6'6" wing would not want to play for UM! Man, it seems like a perfect system for kids who can shoot and think.
    Yep, I have been thinking for awhile that a wing who can shoot and handle that doesn't go to Duke would be a fool not to go to Michigan. Freakin' Caris Lavert is showing up in Mocks as a 2nd rounder during his Sophomore year. Stauskas a Lotto pick.

And yet guys like Kennard want to talk Ohio St and Kentucky. Kentucky who sends NBA athletes to the NBA. Big deal, send Caris Lavert to the NBA and then tout your NBA development skills.
    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
      Yep, I have been thinking for awhile that a wing who can shoot and handle that doesn't go to Duke would be a fool not to go to Michigan. Freakin' Caris Lavert is showing up in Mocks as a 2nd rounder during his Sophomore year. Stauskas a Lotto pick.

And yet guys like Kennard want to talk Ohio St and Kentucky. Kentucky who sends NBA athletes to the NBA. Big deal, send Caris Lavert to the NBA and then tout your NBA development skills.
      No shortage of gems at that spot, but yeah. Is Ok. Michigan is going to have great perimeter play. I more worried about recruiting inside.

Comment

• By the way, Kameron Chatman will be playing in the Jordan Brand Classic. I think this is what used to be the Magic Roundball Classic and the Dapper Dan before that.

Anyway, we'll get a sneak preview of him on April 18th. Still no McDonald's All-Americans since Daniel Horton but we seem to be doing all right without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          Best player in the Finals seems to be a Soph named Josh Jackson, Detroit Consortium, 6'8", 205 who can shoot. Muskegon has a junior named Davis, 6' 9" (already committed to MSU). Best defensive player I saw.

It is halftime of the Texas game, and I simply cannot understand why a 6'6" wing would not want to play for UM! Man, it seems like a perfect system for kids who can shoot and think.
          Josh Jackson is the best player in the country in his class and he's been called the best player in the country regardless of class.

Comment

• If that's true then he won't be in college for more than a year anyway. Not going to lose sleep over a one and done recruit.
            Last edited by Kstat; March 23, 2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Michigan isn't losing any sleep over him either.

Comment

• didn't know that Oracle. Surely did look the part. A man among boys. That Consortium team is going to be loaded for a couple of years.

Comment

• I think that when you have the system guys in place and the program is truly rolling - a few years away, when the pipeline is fuller -- then you absolutely go after the top-ten wing recruits. On the inside, you chase them already.

Comment

• Kennard suppose to announce tonight; M is fighting Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Louisville & Ohio...

Wherever he lands, imo he's one of the dominoes that helps other wings decide where to land.

Comment

• Not that it matters as M has an impossibly easy path to the FF, but he's not going to M. Distant 4th. It's Duke or OSU and everyone says Duke. Oh well.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I've been hearing Ohio very recently & Duke less recently.

Comment

• It's Duke. OSU got by UK but couldn't beat out Coach K. I've definitely come around on him as player -- he can really play. Shame to see him go to Duke.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Michigan could really use a backup wing next year. A 2-3, as opposed to Chatman as a 3-4.

A shame, though. Until Calipari proves he can integrate these players in a program that wins on the floor as much as on the recruiting trail, I've been hoping that Kentucky collects the largest possible collection of them.
                            Last edited by hack; March 24, 2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• They'll have:

*1. Walton/Spike
                              *2. Levert
                              *3. Irvin/Chatman (or Staukus)
                              *4. Donnal/Bielfeldt/Wilson (or GR3)
                              *5. Horford (or McGary)...

Depth will take quite a with any attrition.

Comment

• Really it's quite the open question. If you go by the rule of thumb that players guaranteed a first-round slot go, then neither McGary or GR3 make the cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X