Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Walton as a college point guard, not the highest ceiling and I don't see much of (if any) of an NBA future but I think he should be one of the better PG's in the B10 as an upperclassman.

Comment

• He didn't do a whole lot that indicated a sure-fire NBA future, but by the end of the season you could see it coming. He doesn't look a full 6-1 to me, and maybe even 5-11, and that's probably more of a factor than his game, which does look NBA eventually. Or maybe he just wears extra-baggy shorts, which it looks to me like he does. But, bottom line, top-50 recruit with varied skills who is playing for John Beilein. We know what this usually means. If there's no great big sophmore jump for him, then it's fair to wonder about an NBA future.

This, however, is a very just-a-football-school kind of statement: I think he should be one of the better PG's in the B10 as an upperclassman.
      Last edited by hack; May 18, 2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• I see more Darius Morris in him than Trey Burke. I'd like to see him improve his ability to penetrate, create for others off that penetration. A players jumper is always a X factor in terms of potential. If his jumper, especially while driving can become very good, he could become another Trey.

Comment

• Walton can definitely do all those things and he will this year. JB liked Stauskas much more in the ball screen and with good reason; he was #2 in the country in it. Walton will do much more of that this year, he's gonna break out just watch. He might not be 6-1, but he definitely has the length of someone bigger than that.

I still think Coleman will come, but not Brunson. We'll take Thorton or Winston and be set at PG again. TJ Leaf is visiting again Monday too. From Cali. On his own dime.

Comment

• Like I said, I really like Walton as a college PG and expect him to do very well. I just think his athletic ability, explosiveness and height limit him as an NBA prospect. I'd prefer to be wrong and see Walton blossom in year 2 like LeVert did.

Comment

• If anyone, Walton reminds me of Mateen. I do think he's a more likely 3-4 year player than a 2-year guy but nothing would surprise me.

I also agree that Spike would likely be a fine placeholder in his senior year, if he's left to be the starter.

Comment

• Eron Harris (WVU transfer) visiting M next weekend, excellent 3-point shooter and terrific athlete; perfect fit (except for his defense) for M especially if LeVert jets after '14-'15. Hopefully Harris agrees. Competition is just Sparty & Purdue... Will need a redshirt year for transfer rules. He'd help anyone immediately on day 1, in this case day 366...

For the class of '16 M is bringing in some elite talent for that same weekend/; Derryck Thornton Jr., Tyrus Battle, Seth Towns & Eron Gordon. Nice to see multiple elite talents visiting together. This is the majority of the early '16 recruiting board.

Comment

• TomVH tweeted that Weber's top 3 is OSU, MSU and Wisconsin with Michigan and Tennessee trailing.

Comment

• M passed on Eron Harris, he has a sketchy history at WVU doing dumb things, on-and-off the court... Someone is going to get an excellent shooter but is a bit of a head case.

Comment

• Oh really? Interesting. I hope that's indicative of how Beilein feels about the '16 class. If we could get Leaf and Thornton we could build a monster based on that tandem in '16 and '17.

Comment

• M pulled themselves out of the running, not sure if that is because they knew they weren't going to land him or because what I said above, he's a headcase albeit a talented one... Or it could be what you imply, M really likes their chances with recruits in the '15/'16 classes...

Eron will be a huge addition to either of Purdue or Sparty, he's an excellent shooter, probably one of the best in the country. Sparty really needs him as their recruiting has fallen off, he'll help them a lot.

Comment

• Yeah. Izzo seems to do fairly well harnnessing those kinds of talents. I hope he goes to Purdue.

Comment

• Somebody to watch for down the road:

One star that was in attendance was Forest Hills Central big man Xavier Tillman. Tillman averaged 14 points and 8 rebounds as a freshman last season and is the son of former Michigan basketball standout Tonya Tillman. There’s obviously a long way to go in Tillman’s recruitment, but it’s safe to say he’s firmly on the Michigan radar and will be a priority for the Wolverines going forward.
                            Michigan held its annual College Practice Camp on Saturday afternoon at the Crisler Center and managed to draw an impressive crop of talent. Many of the Wolverines’ top targets from the class of 2016 were in attendance including five-stars Derryck Thornton Jr. and Tyus Battle, four-stars Cassius Winston, Quentin Goodin, Barret Benson and Kyle Guy […]

Also
                            Current players on campus

Derrick Walton, Zak Irvin, Mark Donnal, Ricky Doyle, Spike Albrecht and Andrew Dakich were all around during camp helping out with drills and demos. Doyle has been on campus working out and looked to have made improvements to his body, he participated in some drills with the big men and looked smooth. Zak Irvin also looked like he’s made improvements athletically as he showed some easy elevation during fast break drills.

Comment

• Two elite '16 recruits are quite close and very interested in M after camping together this past weekend; Thornton PG (Nev) & Battle SG (NJ)... Both top 20 overall, 5* talents...

It's possible M passes on any '15 recruits and heads straight to the '16 class, I just hope M passing on these recruits don't continue to help Sparty like it did with Eron Harris.

Comment

• What would be the scholarship situation? It's gotta be all in for Leaf right now. If Leaf's in this could be a Calipari-style recruiting class. Just, presumably, without the Calipari Cash. It's all so long away but I'm really fucking excited about the potential here as long as Leaf's in.

Comment

Working...
                                X