This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
    They finally offer Jamal Murray. He's the one G they've offered who definitely can play off the ball from the PG targets, even though he and others claim he's a PG.
    Where did you read that he was offered?

Comment

• Wilson is supposedly 6'10" while Chatman is 6'8/210 lb's; if they are skilled enough to play at this level, they should defend PF while Irvin is defending quicker SF's.

Comment

• That's the medium to long-term projection. For the short term, as in this year, Irvin has a year of seasoning and that could mean better play from him at the 4 if neither of those guys are ready. Wilson in particular has the potential to be physically overwhelmed in a way Irvin won't be.

Where you getting 210 for Chatman? I see anywhere from 175 to 200 for him out there. Obviously it's a number that changes with new weigh-ins and growth, but that's what I've got.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
          Where did you read that he was offered?
          It was on Twitter yesterday morning, then taken back by the sources saying he hasn't done the full academic tour yet...so that's on hold.

Chatman was measured, and was reported as, 6-8, 213 at the Jordan All Star game, but then he said he's 6-7 on the nose in a chat. He looks every bit the 213 though.

Comment

• Well sometimes I too mistakenly refer to myself as 6-7.

(Good to hear. Thanks.)

Comment

• Gonna be a REAL disappointment if he doesn't commit. Plenty of back up options, but he's gonna be special.

Comment

• Agree, he's a top 10 overall talent imo and the rare type of guy who makes his teammates much better. His overall game is excellent, regardless of his jumper.

Land him and I could care less about M landing Brunson, Winston, etc and Walton can even leave after his Jr season.

Comment

• re: Jalen Coleman - said his timetable is around April of '15, M might've moved on by then and have commits from class of '16 recruits at his position. He's certainly not sold on M and M would have to put in a ton of effort to land him, if M wants a SG in the '15 recruiting class they'll probably take a Davis (likely Sparty) or Prince Ali long before Coleman is ready to decide if not land a '16 recruit before then.

Comment

• New to Michigan's radar. 2015 big Josh Sharma. He's playing at the same prep school that Spike went to.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12IsYWd6LzI"]Josh Sharma 2015 Northfield Mount Hermon highlights at the Adidas Invitational - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Temple hiring Jalen Brunson's dad to be an assistant coach. Now we know where he's going to land, glad he wasn't hired by Sparty.

Comment

• Thornton bumped up to a 5* and #11 overall at rivals, where he belongs. He's a difference maker as a true freshman, makes his teammates better.

Comment

• If we lose him to Kentucky I'll be absolutely sick. We've got to get this kid, even if the Plan B types are pretty good too.

Comment

• That's exactly it. The plan Bs are really good, and difference makers themselves in year 1. But there's no reason he shouldn't be coming here; he loves us, family loves us, recruiting him the longest, develop him the best. No fucking brainer.

Comment

• I've learned to never expect to land any recruit, especially the elite talent like 5-stars. Unless the guy grew up in Ann Arbor and is a legacy, there is always potential he finds a place where he prefers. Even if it's just because there are tons of hot women at Florida relative to Ann Arbor, it's just impossible to get inside a recruits head and even if you do, they can change their mind 24 hours later...

That said, were certainly favorites for Thornton right now but expect the Kentucky's, Louisville's, Duke's, Kansas' all to be chasing him hard. That's why elite 5-star talent is so difficult to land, your fighting EVERYONE for him, even the elite programs.

Comment

• $$$?

Comment

Working...
                                X