Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was hoping that the new posts were more than Wisky news and bitching.

Oh well....

Comment

• You new here?

Comment

• Haha. Well, the other recruiting thread was littered with good stuff. I got my hopes up.

Comment

• I guess this kind of falls into recruiting news, as there could be a scholarship-issue:

According to a report by Mike Hutton of the Post-Tribune, which cites Albrecht's father, it appears that it might be too early to call it quits on Albrecht's playing career.

Comment

• JB obviously would want him back with Walton graduating but he's not capable of playing at the level he used too and its not worth his risk to try. I'll let the Dr's take it after this but hip issues tend to return, especially for someone so young to have them...

Xavier Simpson is going to be a good one, not sure how ready he'll be as a freshman but he's a good bet to be a 3+ year starter. Obviously I think he's underrated, seen/heard a lot less about the other members of the '16 class but they all seem rated appropriately barring a terrific senior season.

Comment

• Simpson is game ready. Watson is better than people are rating him. He's shown more athleticism than he did when he committed. Lot more aggressive too.

Comment

• I'd still love to have Spike back for a fifth year if we can. If we can't, well, so be it. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this before here, but it's my personal belief that the center spot is more important for Michigan.

Comment

• That's good to hear with Ibi Watson, actually he's the one I have no idea where he's ranked. Top 100-150 is what I assumed?

Comment

• Walton's not graduating this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
                      Walton's not graduating this year.
                      Yeah, I was about to say that. He's a Junior.

It would be a very tough situation if Spike wanted to come back. I love what he's brought over the years but we'll have Walton, Simpson and MAAR that can all play PG and Spike returning would put Michigan over the scholarship limit by 2. Unless somebody decides to go pro early (unlikely, as Irvin was probably the most likely candidate and he's still playing his way back into shape) or transfer (somewhat likely but not a given) that really creates a problem. One that I have no idea how they'd resolve.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        I'll let the Dr's take it after this but hip issues tend to return, especially for someone so young to have them...
                        Spike also mentioned in his press conference that his father (and maybe his grandfather?) had hip-issues too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                          That's good to hear with Ibi Watson, actually he's the one I have no idea where he's ranked. Top 100-150 is what I assumed?
                          #214 composite, following in the footsteps of LeVert.

Ibi Watson is a 6-4, 180-pound Shooting Guard from Pickerington, OH.

I too think he looks better than his ranking.

Comment

• Michigan offered 2017 forward Kyle Young. His composite ranking is #112 and he also has offers from Wisconsin, Clemson, Purdue, Illinois, Xavier, and Butler.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW0qqdyimSA"]Kyle Young Sophomore Year Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• He kind of looks like a Sam Dekker-type. Good shooter with some AA. He's listed at 6'7" on some sites and 6'6" on others. Since he's just a junior, he may still be growing.

Comment

Working...
                                X