Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is a link (photo and comments) from someone who sat next to Mitch McGary at the game.

Comment

• I was about to post the same pic. It looks like the rain didn't dampen big Mitch's visit one bit:

Another shot of McGary (just above Grady's left hand) enjoying a Michigan TD:

Comment

• That would be a huge get (no pun intended) for the basketball team. McGary is a top-ten guy, who would make an immediate impact on the team. Only down side would be that he'd probably be a one-and-done guy. Still, I'd love to have him. Maybe the team could ride his coattails to a high NCAA finish, and draw some more top recruits to replace him.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The little guy looks like a young Zach Galifianakis..

Comment

• It would be so, so big to get him here, even if he's a one-and-done. The ensuing perceptions will help recruiting plenty.

Comment

• ESPN currently has Michigan at the top of Mitch's list:

Comment

• Just to see the block M up there with those other names, as it once was so regularly -- it's already helping. Wonderful to see.

Comment

• Agreed. I just hope that he keeps them up top. I want to see that team as a national power once more. I think Coach Beilein & Co. have them heading that way already but Mitch McGary could be the final piece.

Comment

• He looks pretty pumped considering that may be the worst weather the Big House has seen since that 5-0 Purdue game.

Comment

• Well, it was really hot in A2 so I imagine the rain was welcomed by most (at least the under 55 crowd).

The Oohi game I went to in 2007 was worse. Rain and 35-40 degrees, complimented by about 10 Mesko punts.
                      Last edited by *JD*; September 5, 2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• '
                        "The Oohi game I went to in 2007 was worse. Rain and 35-40 degrees, complimented by about 10 Mesko punts'

...and Henne's shoulder problem - could hardly raise his arm to throw the football. At least St. Jim called off the dogs and kept the score respectable.

Comment

• Old St. Jim sure caught a lot of our teams at our worst times. Very opportunistic, that man ....
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by hodgkal View Post
                            '
                            "The Oohi game I went to in 2007 was worse. Rain and 35-40 degrees, complimented by about 10 Mesko punts'

...and Henne's shoulder problem - could hardly raise his arm to throw the football. At least St. Jim called off the dogs and kept the score respectable.
                            They punted almost as much as we did. I seem to recall only 2 big plays and that got them the 14-3 win. Easily the ugliest game I've ever been to.

Comment

• The weather that day was nasty to be sure, but at no point during that game could I literally NOT SEE through the rain because it was coming down so hard. The rain this Saturday was like being stuck in a very wet blizzard.

I will give you the fact that at least it was warm. But I was bundled up pretty good in 2007, so the cold wasn't a big deal.

Comment

• We had puddles by our feet....and a bunch of Cumbus' finest in our section. Like I said, ugly.

Comment

Working...
                                X