Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five star and 10th rated overall recruit of 2021 has committed to Michigan. Caleb Houstan.

And I saw on Twitter -- I can't confirm this but apparently Michigan at the moment now has the #1 recruiting class in the nation for 2021.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Five star recruit Caleb Houstan commits to Michigan! ESPN has him the #10 overall player in his class which is the highest rated player Michigan has landed since at least 2007 when they began ranking recruits.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...mmits-michigan

Comment

• Howard can recruit. Can he coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Howard can recruit. Can he coach?
          We'll see. He needs more than an abbreviated season to prove what he can do. I think he'll still have some growing pains in the upcoming season, but he should also have games where he will show flashes of being a good coach. He's surrounded himself with a couple excellent assistants, and hey, John Beilein still lives in Ann Arbor. He can always give him a call and ask for advice if he chooses.

I think if Howard is given a fair chance, he'll be an excellent coach. I'm not ready to put him into Coach K's category yet, but one day he could get there. Its going to take some work.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Some of you guys who follow basketball recruiting closer than I do can talk about this.

Apparently today, Michigan got a commitment from Moussa Diabate, a 6'10 215 lb power forward from IMG Academy in Bradenton FL.

Diabate is ranked as the #20 player in the country and is a solid 5 star athlete.

Juwan can recruit. No doubt.

Now just get them coached up on game day.

Comment

• They already had the #1 recruiting class in the nation...and on top of that they add they #20 recruit in the country?!??

Absolutely insane.
              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• There may be a lot of one-and-dones in that class but it should be fun watching them for that one season.

Comment

• I've Frankie Collins as quite under rated as well. This class is elite.

Comment

• A lot of excellent basketball is going to be taking place in Michigan over the next 2-3 seasons. Izzo just had a top class this year, and now Howard stands to sign next year's top class.

Take that, Coach K.

Comment

• Let my try and mentally catalog all of the disastrous ways in which this recruiting class will fall miles short of expectations. Because Michigan.

Comment

• Just put aside the expectations and watch the kids play basketball. They might surprise you a bit, and it could actually be fun.

Comment

• So is M cheating now with bag men or is Juwan just a great recruiter? Since Howard's first press conference, thought he had the ability to recruit well. Now M is seeing the results with this class.

Interested to see what these recruits do for the program. As a fan, I liked the Beilein way where you would see hardly see 1-and-done players. Many high 3 star, low 4 star recruits that stay four years. But hey, never won a championship!
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He won multiple regular season and tournament Big Ten titles. I count those as championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              So is M cheating now with bag men or is Juwan just a great recruiter?
                              Who cares?

Comment

• I think if Juwan was cheating he wouldn't get away with it. Michigan's athletic program is watched like a hawk. If any shady recruiting practices were going on they'd be reported.

Tom Izzo has had a highly successful program at MSU for decades, yet has never been accused of illegal recruiting. Kids just like going there and playing for him. Why can't the same be done at Michigan with Howard?

And Juwan still needs to prove he can coach them up. If he can't the players won't want to play for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X