He said it?
        Yessir!!!!

Comment

• GO BLUE!

GO (to the Nba) IZZO!

Comment

• Confirmed.

Mitch McGary to Michigan.

I mean, with that many "M's" in his name, how could he go anywhere else?:-D

Seriously, though ... this is a fine day for McGary and Michigan basketball. I don't care if he's a "one and done" or "two and through" ... I'm just glad he's going to play ball in Ann Arbor.

Welcome to Michigan, Mitch! Guess I've got to go buy some basketball tickets now ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Comment

• LOL .. Lots of "kabooms" over at the Fort too ...

Comment

• I don't follow basketball for all the obvious reasons, will he have a solid supporting cast?
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Lookin' good!

I hope JD will give us a run down of the squad for 2012...

Comment

• 2012 Squad:

1 - we'll see
                      2 - next early exit
                      3 - toughest smallest PF ever
                      4 - Slowfoot?
                      5 - Darius' security blanket

Comment

• I hope this will help re-establish Michigan as a destination school for top basketball talent again.

It should have never stopped being a destination school, except for the over-zealousness of a misguided booster.

We owe some credit to several people. I think Tommy Amaker deserves some credit, for bringing a stabilizing effect to the program, after the silliness of the Brian Ellerbe era. Amaker could have waited for a more "attractive" offer, but came to Michigan, and instantly brought honesty and integrity back to the program, and at least got kids thinking about Michigan again. He didn't win "big", but he got the program back on its feet again, and he deserves a lot of credit for that.

John Beilein has, with very little fanfare, come in and built on what Amaker started, and now has the attention of top HS players throughout the country. He won't be taking a back seat anymore to the guy from Least Lansing, or anyone in the B1G anymore, for that matter.

This is a fine day for Michigan basketball. Keep the troublemakers out, and Go Blue!

Comment

• It should have never stopped being a destination school, except for the over-zealousness of a misguided booster.
                          That's about the most charitable way of phrasing that I could imagine.

In any case, landing McGary should put to rest the notion that Beilein can't land elite recruits. I just hope McGary is as good as people expect him to be. He's the finishing touch on what on paper is the best basketball recruiting class Michigan's landed in a long time.
                          Last edited by JRB; November 3, 2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Ellerbe wasn't involved in any wrongdoing though. Amaker gets credit for belting his pants about a foot above his waist, but not much more. Delighted that it's been long enough that I can't remember the specific ways in which he sucked as a coach. Amazing that Martin got it so right the second time.

Comment

• THe 2012-13 squad is what I am guessing is being requested.

We'll have:

SF Tim Hardaway Jr., (Junior) unless he leaves for the NBA (what is the NBA?) after this season. I'd say it's a 75% probability he comes back. Backing him up will be Glenn Robinson III, who is probably too good of a talent to keep off the floor. He would've been Michigan's highest rated recruit since Daniel Horton is McGary wasn't coming here.

Hardaway may slide to SG (which projects to be his position in the NBA) or Robinson may also see time backing up at PF if we go small. GR III is 6'6" and may still be growing. He's also best friends with Mitch McGary, so a tip of the hat goes to him for helping get Mitch to A2.

PG Trey Burke (Soph). I expect a fair bit out of him this year but even if he doesn't live up to that this year, he'll be very good next year.

SG- any of Carlton Brundidge (Soph), Matt Vogrich (Senior) or Nik Stauskas (Freshman).
                              Vogrich will also back up TH JR. and Stauskas may back up Burke at PG. He reminds me a bit of Jalen but with a better jump shot and less overall talent.

PF- Mitch McGary (Freshman). He could and may play Center but he seems to like the 4 position and has an all-around game so he isn't a classic post-up mule. Evan Smotrycz (Junior) is rumored to be the most improved player out of this year's Wolverines so he could still start here. We'll have to find minutes for him somewhere if this is really the case.

C- ? Depending on where Mitch is best suited to play and how much Smot has improved will determine who starts here. Probably Jordan Morgan (Junior), who may have improved his game as well. Jon Horford may be lost in the shuffle or he may steal Morgan's minutes. Max Beilfeldt (Soph) will be a mop-up player who could still be a contributor in the 2012-13 season if Mitch is a 1 and done player.

On the outside, looking in: Blake McLimans (4th year Junior) and Colton Christian (Junior).

The influx of talent means that we could see a transfer or two if anyone gets frustrated with reduced minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                Ellerbe wasn't involved in any wrongdoing though. Amaker gets credit for belting his pants about a foot above his waist, but not much more. Delighted that it's been long enough that I can't remember the specific ways in which he sucked as a coach. Amazing that Martin got it so right the second time.
                                Ellerbe was there for Traylor's and Bullock's last season (2 for Bullock, I think) so the same things that happened on Fisher's watch happened on Ellerbe's watch. There were also some players getting in trouble for other issues (Kevin Gaines, LeLand Anderson & Avery Queen, if memory serves me).

Comment

Working...
                                X