Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, almost every mock draft in the final couple of weeks had Morris going in the first round, some had him going in the teens.

Comment

• And hindsight about the strike wasn't yet 20/20.

Comment

• It was a risky call on his part which hasn't paid off yet but he was probably going off the information given to him so it wasn't as high risk as Jamie is making it out to be.

Also, without the lockout, he did land in a good situation and I hope it still pans out for him.

Maybe all of this stuff should be back in the regular basketball thread? I'll stop talking about Morris here.

Comment

• If Morris stays is there a scholly for McGary?
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            If Morris stays is there a scholly for McGary?
            Since McGary is in the 2012-2013 class, yes. Even if McGary came in this year, I'm sure they would've made room for him :-)
            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Could just be that Morris wasn't too enamored with the student part of being a student athlete.

Comment

• Originally posted by DennisT View Post
                Could just be that Morris wasn't too enamored with the student part of being a student athlete.

I've never seen any reason to believe that. He played in the Academic All-American Classic as a H.S. Senior.

Comment

• He just saw the millions he could make as a young man in the NBA, and left.

I'd have a hard time turning that down, as would most of us in the same situation.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm not sure if we would've had a scholarship available if he hadn't left. We only lose Stu and Zack next year and had GR III & Stauskas coming in.

Comment

• I know that highlight /you-tube reels don't tell the whole story of what a kid can or can't do, but I'll tell you this, after watching that clip of Staukas----that kid has got game! I watched it a couple of times to make sure I saw what I thought I saw, and I'm impressed---he's a verbal for '12, right?

Comment

• The Stauskas video was incredible. He can hit the 3-pointer! But the McGary video was double that. McGary looks like a complete player -- 6'10" power forward with quickness and long range shooting prowess. Hard to beat that ...

Comment

• I watched the McGary video, and I'm impressed with how effortlessly he can shoot a jumper. For a 6' 10" guy, he can shoot like a small forward or even a SG.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The offensive repertoire is remarkable for that age. And, with both hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                              I know that highlight /you-tube reels don't tell the whole story of what a kid can or can't do, but I'll tell you this, after watching that clip of Staukas----that kid has got game! I watched it a couple of times to make sure I saw what I thought I saw, and I'm impressed---he's a verbal for '12, right?
                              Yep-

Here are some more highlights of Nik while playing for a Canadian team against Baylor University this summer.. I guess that must be his mom that keeps chiming in.

[YOUTUBE]Q2Es99Jv97A[/YOUTUBE]
                              Last edited by *JD*; November 6, 2011, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• I think the rankings may have changed. Right now, Rivals has McGary at #3, GR III at #34 and Stauskas at #79.

Comment

Working...
                                X