Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stauskas sent in his LOI today. All three players are signed. Pretty awesome!

Comment

• Stauskas is supposed to be the best pure shooter of the three.

So, if I have this correctly, they got a '4' who can also play the '5' in McGary, a '3' who can also play the '4' in Robinson, and a '2' who can also play the '3' in Stauskas.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Robinson is a 3 [wing] though possible as a 4 only in JB's offense.

Comment

• And Stauskus can play 1, 2 or 3 in JBs offense.

Comment

• I really HATED Glen Robinson Jr., might be easier to like the III.

Comment

• I liked Glenn Robinson (jr.), especially when it looked like he might join the Fab 5 at Michigan. I respected him at Purdue.
              Not really a big fan of his in the NBA but that might be more a case of him going to the Bucks.

Comment

• Li'l Big Dog, working out. Around the 2:15 mark, it shows his measured improvements.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNByX1IP90g&feature=player_embedded"]Integrated Movement- Glenn Robinson III Workout - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Another angle of Mitch shattering the backboard.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMxHZw7k2JM&feature=related"]Mitch McGary Shatters Backboard at Elite 24 (Best Camera Angle) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Funny, I was on Venice Boardwalk when this was going on, but figured we didn't have a shot a McGary so I didn't bother going over. Not that I was missing much, but...

Comment

• I am absolutely amazed at the evolution of different equipment and training techniques used for athletes of all sports. Certainly, nothing close to what I was exposed to while in high school or even years afterwards.

Comment

• Hell, when I was in HS, they just gave you a barbell and said "lift this till you're tired".

Comment

• And, I lifted it once and said I'm tired.

Comment

• Ha! That's about right! In fact, as part of the basketball team, we actually got EXEMPTED from lifting weights in gym class because lifting weights in-season can really screw up your shot. You really need to do your weight-training off season, though I imagine there are plans now on how to do it on off-days so it doesn't screw with your shooting.

Comment

• I was 6'0"/150 lbs in high school (played only baseball) and solid but couldn't add muscle weight. Why?

I lifted weights enough but did't increase the amount of weight I was trying to lift, I was always doing the exact same lifts. My diet was borderline vegetarian, I don't really like meat like most and know now I didn't eat anywhere near the protein I needed to actually add muscle like I needed/wanted too. I was pretty much making the muscle I did have, a little larger.

Comment

• Yeah, my weight program inhigh school consisted of the basketball coach telling me to "get bigger". Wow, great advice coach. No dietary info, no weight traning info just "get bigger". I think things have changed a bit since then.

During college I managed to build up my legs bigtime by riding mountain bikes up steep dirt roads, but that only helped cardio and my legs. When I finally did some targeted upper-body work in my 30's on my health club's machines (with some actual pro advice on what to do) I was actually surprised--my biceps got a bit bigger but my triceps exploded. Of course, then I tore up my shoulder playing hockey and that was the end of weightlifting for me, but it was fun while it lasted!

Comment

Working...
                                X