Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scout is #3 in my opinion, behind Rivals and ESPN.

Comment

• I just looked at CBS sports' rankings and they still have GR III at #63 (and Mitch at #2) so I might rank them below Scout. They also haven't added LeVert.

I hadn't checked them out before so I was hoping for something of quality.

Comment

• FWIW- CBS has Walton at #73 and doesn't rank Irvin or Donnal in their Top 100.

Comment

• Ah, correction- CBS did update their 2012 rankings, just not on the team page.

They have McGary #19 and GR III #34 in their final rankings. Stauskas is at #90. Those can all be debated (I think Nik should be rated higher) but they're close to the other services' rankings.

I still don't know about why they don't have Irvin in their Top 100 for 2013.

Comment

• It's still early for '13 rankings but Irvin not being in the top 100 is a pretty major oversight.

Comment

• We're getting into Bobby Knight/Damon Bailey territory here but i figured I'd pass this on. 6'11" is 6'11".

Karl Towns is a 6-foot-11 phenom from New Jersey in the class of 2015 who is being recruited by a who’s who of college basketball powerhouses. Towns is extremely versatile and can distribute the ball as well as score and rebound. Michigan is in the running for the talented forward and has some unique connections […]

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyW9S0gDesc&feature=player_embedded"]Karl Towns Jr.: 8th Grade Talent - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• ESPN's new rankings are out and the Michigan's 2013 commits are represented:

Walton is #39

Irvin is #61

Donnal is #65.

Obviously, Austin Hatch isn't ranked.

Other potential 2013 targets are big man Dominic Woodson (#57) and the Smotlike Reggie Cameron (#67).

2014 Targets listed:

Devin Booker #24

Keita Bates-Diop #45

Bryant McIntosh #50

and.... the kid I mentioned earlier this week, Karl Towns Jr., has the top spot in their 2015 rankings

However, ESPN is dumb. He mentions in the umhoops interview that he's grown up a Michigan football and basketball fan yet ESPN doesn't have Michigan on his "list".

Last edited by *JD*; May 24, 2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• umhoops just came out with a write-up about the ESPN rankings. I guess there are some other players Coach Beilein and Co. are targeting as well as the ones that I had listed.

ESPN.com released updated national rankings for the 2013, 2014 and 2015 classes this afternoon. The 2013 list was expanded to 100 prospects, 2014 expanded to 60 players and a preliminary top 25 list was released for the class of 2015. Several Michigan commitments and targets ranked favorably in ESPN’s refresh and we’ve compiled many of the […]

We are still about 3 weeks away from when Michigan allows themselves to offer players from 2014. From what I've read, Booker and Bates-Diop will be hearing from us at that time.

Comment

• 9th grade game highlights. Kind of has a Sam Perkins game about him:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqY4Vxa5wGc&feature=related"]Karl Towns #44 St Joseph Metuchen, NJ @ South Brunswick January 12, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• These are recent highlights. Part of the video he is wearing #1. The rest of it, he's wearing his normal #10.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWhxJPMAHgc&feature=player_embedded"]Derrick Walton - Michigan Commit '13 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Another target for 2013. I'd love to see a rim protector like this in A2! He's only listed at 6'7" on Rivals, though. He looks/plays taller.

Well, I just checked ESPN and they have him at 6'9". Split the difference?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EjcfsKwNzU&feature=player_embedded"]Top Recruit GoodLuck Okonoboh talks about the schools after him - YouTube[/ame]
                          Last edited by *JD*; May 31, 2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm thinking of changing my name to "Goodluck DD" ...

Comment

• On the first day Michigan officially offers upcoming juniors, they sent to out to 6-4 SG Devin Booker and 6-7 SF Keita Bates-Diop, easily my two favorites of the guys they're in on. They're in a really good spot with Booker(Melvin Booker's, former Missouri guard, son). Grew up in Grand Rapids and Michigan was in on him first. Bates-Diop has the highest ceiling of any of the guys they're recruiting, IMO. He also holds offers from Purdue and Illinois and likes both.

I'd be very happy with a 2 player class of that, even though the schollie situation is cloudy at best that far down the road.

Comment

• Both have high mutual interest too. Need to get them to Ann Arbor.

Comment

Working...
                                X