This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More video of Derrick Walton:

2013 Michigan commitment Derrick Walton solidified himself as one of the top point guard prospects in the country with a strong AAU season. Walton ended the summer on a high note by leading the Michigan Mustangs to a championship at the prestigious Adidas Super 64 in Las Vegas. Watch the scouting video below to see […]

Comment

• Derrick Walton comes in at 32 in ESPN's new rankings, Zak Irvin jumps up to 21, Donnal at 97.
      The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Very impressive jumps at ESPN, and imo deserving too. Talent keeps coming in '12 & '13; those classes are going to keep M competing at a high level for awhile.

Comment

• Booyah! All 3 went up in Scout and Maxpreps.

Michigan’s three active class of 2013 commitments all enjoyed successful July evaluation periods to cap off strong AAU careers. Now that the evaluation period is over, all three have seen their recruiting rankings continue to rise. The first two scouting services to update their class of 2013 rankings are Scout.com and MaxPreps.com. All three Wolverine […]

Comment

• Irvin is a top 25 talent, he'll play and contribute immediately. Hardaway is a good comparison for him though that is setting the bar imo a lil' low. Irvin can do it all (shoot, pass, get to the rim, finish, rebound) and supposedly is an asset on the defensive end as well...

Walton's stock rose more than I expected (32, 42, 43 I think), he's had an incredible summer and his rankings jumped up accordingly. M will need him in '13 as I don't see Trey Burke staying another year, unfortunately. Hopefully Walton can step-in for Burke just as Burke did for Darius Morris.

Comment

• Walton reminds me a bit of Mateen Cleaves. At least at a HS level, he is great at getting everyone involved.

Irvin's athleticism is somewhere between Timmay and GR III. He'll be a good one. Apologies to keep comparing them to sparties but he reminds me a bit of Steve Smith.

At least I stopped short of comparing Donnal to Paul Davis. :-)

Comment

• BTW- I haven't read any recent updates on Austin Hatch. I'm assuming he's still slowly recovering and that there will be some sort of scholarship waiting for him whenever he's ready for college.

Comment

• I'm still shocked that Burke tried to leave, but well, I guess, what do I know? I think he has to show a greater ability to dish off the drive if he wants to be a first-round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    I'm still shocked that Burke tried to leave, but well, I guess, what do I know? I think he has to show a greater ability to dish off the drive if he wants to be a first-round pick.
                    His performance in the LeBron camp has him creeping into the early 20's in a couple of 2013 Mocks.

Comment

• I saw that. It's almost as if threatening to come out has helped in that regard. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. I just think that given there's probably only ten sub-6 players in the league or even less, a guy like him is going to have to show a lot more to be a two-and-done or even three. Lawson was a JR with legit skills and a Final 4 run in him, and when you need the scouts to ignore measurables it really helps to have that winner tag. Burke's on his way to getting it, but he's not there yet. Obviously though, he's probably gone after this year barring something unforeseen, so I'm wrong in my sense about it. It's more the difference between first and second round.

Comment

• Hey, I'm all for him having a 3 or 4 year run in A2 but it sounds like he's continued to work and improve over the summer, as well as adding a few pounds.

In the Chicago camp he participated in, he also had the measurements of 6'0" (NBA style) and a 6'5" wingspan. That should help his stock.

Comment

• Is what it is -- gotta expect he's gone, and that's the reality when you get good players, whether they have NBA bodies or not. Didn't realize he measured a legit 6. That makes a diff. I thot he was a pretty clear 5-10.

Comment

• Like I said, NBA 6 foot. 5'11" in socks, 6 in shoes.

The more I see of Derrick Walton, the more I'm sure we'll be in pretty good hands if Trey does make the jump.

Comment

• Michigan offers 2014 wing player, Jae'Sean Tate. He's the 4th player that Michigan has offered. He's ranked #46 overall by ESPN.

Jae'Sean Tate (Pickerington, Ohio/Pickerington Central) couldn't stop smiling. So much so, he said Michigan coach John Beilein asked him why.

The answer was simple. Michigan had just offered the No. 46 player in the 2014 ESPN Super 60 a scholarship.

New Browns guard Zak Zinter said there are no hard feelings about an injury he suffered when new Browns DT Michael Hall Jr. fell into him during last year's Ohio State-Michigan game.

"I came up here on my visit and had a really good time," Tate said. "Coach [John] Beilein had a meeting with me and my parents and coaches and Caris [LeVert] was there and he offered me a scholarship."

The rest is on "Insider".

No commits so far but it sounds like we're getting serious consideration from all four. All four are also ranked in ESPN's Top 60.

Comment

• The rest

Tate is high school teammates with Michigan 2013 football commit Taco Charlton and played on the same high school basketball team as one of the Wolverines' incoming freshman this season,Caris LeVert.

The 6-foot-5 Tate has offers from Ohio State, Purdue, Dayton and Xavier. He said, though, that Michigan and Ohio State stand above the rest for now.

"They are definitely in the top two," Tate said. "Ohio State and Michigan."

He said he had no timeline of making a decision, but Michigan was his last visit of the summer because he starts his junior year next week.
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X