Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's been there 18 years now. I'm not sure I like him, but I have no reasons to disrespect him outside the normal irrational rules that govern sports rivalries and hatreds.

Comment

• Izzo isn't crooked at all, but his typical Sparty obsession with Michigan, his woe is me "no one knows what I've been through", drama queen ass can suck it. He's a piece of shit, IMO.

Comment

• So, basically, nothing outside the usual irrational but time-honored rules of sports rivalry.

I was really impressed by his post-game presser last Sunday after they lost to us. He didn't take it so well last year but this year he was all class and almost seemed a bit like misty-eyed Lloyd, ready to prattle on about how it's a shame someone had to lose. ALMOST. He softened my thoughts on him in that presser for sure.

Comment

• I have high respect for Izzo, seems to run a clean program and doesn't flirt much in the gray areas of the rules as far as I can tell. He was helped tremendously by the NCAA's very prolonged investigation of M and M's inability to hire remotely competent head coaches...

Comment

• The Cleaves recruitment was it in a nutshell. Izzo's rise doesn't happen without Michigan's fall, it's true. Cleaves helped Izzo create the culture that helps Sparty to this day. But anyone needs a little luck to get to the top, and the trick IMO is staying there, which Izzo has done a fairly reasonable job doing. If the phrase ``Michigan Man'' means anything at all, I hate to say it but Izzo has all those qualities.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py9MHdTY7CM&feature=player_embedded"]Zak Irvin is the MOST Dangerous Shooting Guard in the Country!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                If the phrase ``Michigan Man'' means anything at all, I hate to say it but Izzo has all those qualities.

Same with Beilein.

Comment

• Hopefully, Devin Booker and Vincent Edwards are swaying a littler further towards Michigan now that they have proof that the program is back.

Comment

• Thanks JD , woundered the impact this success will have on elite recruits?
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Obviously positive in the long-term. Short-term ('14), relatively minor.

Comment

• Pipeline should be full given current NBA talent?
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• If you are a top 25 overall 5 star shooting guard or point guard and Duke/Kentucky go with someone else you would be silly not to go to Michigan.

Perfect offense to get your game NBA recoginition. Burke being a 20/7 guy is a great recruiting tool all by itself.
                          Last edited by Deuce; March 31, 2013, 09:39 PM.
                          The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Pipeline is pretty full. There's several top guys to choose from that have offers to fill guys' shoes over the next few years. Just a matter of who and when they drop.

Comment

• For those that have worries about JB & Co., recruiting shouldn't be one of them.

Comment

• Appreciate the assurances, but I'll be sold on this once I see the next McGary in the pipeline. It should be clear to Beilein by now that a great system with good guards and shooters isn't enough... you need a paint presence.

Comment

Working...
                                X