Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are highlights of Donnal from a year and a half ago, just to give you a sense of how he's built up since then.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKt-niNUDag"]Michigan Commit Mark Donnal (OH) Highlight Mixtape - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Here's a video from last summer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSViZdiHU6E"]Michigan commit Mark Donnal 2013 Anthony Wayne (OH) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Here he is from an early game this season going up against Wisconsin recruit, Vito Brown.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOpcoZnYNs"]2013 Michigan commit Mark Donnal scores 36 points against conference rival - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I'm starting to think that there is no way Michigan red-shirts him. If he puts on another 10 pounds, he should be ready to contribute this year. If GR III comes out, he'll get minutes for sure. If not, there could be a logjam up front but I think he'd at least get Bielfeldt's minutes. He brings an inside-outside game that the other bigs don't have.

If Mitch somehow stays 2 more years, they will be a great tandem up front.

Comment

• I think with Mitch's emergence lately, we'll be lucky to have him for 2 seasons... GR3 has a lot of room to grow as a player and needs to polish up a lot of his weaknesses; I think we'll see him as a junior...

They'd lose Hardaway, McGary, Morgan after '14. In '14 for bigs they'd have Horford (Sr), Bielfeldt (Jr), Donnal and Doyle. I think GR3 despite some peoples wishes is going to stay at PF, backed up one of Donnal/Bielfeldt.

Comment

• Thanks for the highlights. Both Donnal, Doyle look much better in their most recent videos, more explosive/leaping ability than I've seen in the past. Neither look like future all B10 types but they look like they know how to play basketball and pretty skilled, just not with the ceiling of McGary.

Comment

• I've got more hope for Donnal after seeing that he's gotten a little bigger and has a little more explosiveness in his jump. He seems like the kind of PF/C Wisconsin is always killing us with. I could at least see him getting to an All B1G 3rd team-level by the time he's done. Maybe better.

GR III, as long as he stays, is probably going to be at PF. The only way I see that changing is if Hardaway leaves, Nik goes back into a slump and Irvin shines at SG. Then they might move Robinson to SF.
                If he does stay at PF, the good news is that Glenn will probably add another 10 pounds of muscle in the off-season. He also showed a post game in his senior year of high school and I think he'll start to assume more of an offensive role next year. Also, McGary will probably improve and play more consistently like the beast he is becoming right now.

Comment

• Austin Hatch has had two terrible tragedies in his family; both involving a private airplane. I understand that I may not be the quintessential "Michigan Man", but I think Michigan needs to parlay this great season into some higher level recruiting. I'm talking going after top 50 types. There is no reason to "settle" for three star players. Further, a kid from Indiana whose family has a cottage in Charlevoix probably does not have financial need. Let him walk on, but don't burn the scholarship unless you think Hatch is at least as good as LeVert or Albrecht.

Having said such a politically incorrect thing, I do think that JB has a good eye for talent. I remember when Burke was supposedly going pro and UM was without a point guard. JB went to look at a 6'4" kid from Las Vegas (who ended up at ohio) but came away with Spike, the MVP of the AAU event. Spike was the point for a team that included Robinson III and one other UM recruit. When you think of the great pass Spike made to GRIII against Kansas, let's remember he had played a lot of basketball with III.

Comment

• Hatch will probably never play basketball at UM.

Comment

• I doubt it as well. I do think that Michigan will find a way to honor that scholarship without it going against their count and that they will find a way to include him with the team. Similar to what happened with Ben Cronin.

Comment

• I see his scholarship turning into a medical one, we'll know with patience a lot more as he might be playing AAU this summer. He was thought to be a Staukus type talent pre injuries.

Comment

• Zak Irvin was named Indiana's Mr. Basketball:

2013 Michigan commitment Zak Irvin was named Mr. Basketball in the state of Indiana today. Irvin’s full reaction to the award can be found at the Indy Star. “That was one of the goals that I set,” Irvin said. “We both thought it would be pretty cool to see it happen.” “He improved more than […]

Comment

• Deserving too, he's going to help almost immediately. Not 'elite' athletic ability but a great all around basketball player with very few weaknesses. Great kid too. Him along with the '12 recruiting class is why I see M sustaining the success from this '12/'13 season.

Comment

• I really don't think I could disagree with Geezer more. The kid lost his parents in a plane crash and you want to take away his scholly too? That's pretty shitty

I'd rather honor commitments personally.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Well I'm sure there's a middle way as others have suggested, but good on Geezer for speaking his mind. Though I agree with SLF, should it come down to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X