Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is a good discussion and my main concern regarding Beilein's recruiting. I hope he learned a lesson from this M tourney team, the need for a dominant big.

I wouldn't mind as much if he was recruiting them and not getting them ... he is not even sending out offers to the real 5's ... this is pissing me off.

Comment

• They're recruiting Diamond Stone, Stephen Zimmerman and were recruiting Karl Townes Jr. All those guys are top 5 bigs. Stone will likely get an offer come June 15th. Probably Zimmerman as well. Zimmerman might be tougher to get, since he's a west coast guy.
      Last edited by *JD*; April 17, 2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• are those guys centers? --- i.e. are they more like Donnal or McGary ... we need a McGary replacement.

Comment

• Stone seems like maybe a Zack Randolph body/athleticism clone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQfLKoTxcg"]Diamond Stone Basketball Highlights - Top Big Man in the Class of 2015 - John Lucas Camp - YouTube[/ame]

Zimmerman looks more athletic but needs to put on some weight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2LI_2AvC5w"]7 Ft SOPH Stephen Zimmerman is SO VERSATILE Top 5 player in 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Get them all, please. Foul trouble.

Comment

• Need an elite 'big' in '14, not '15. We aren't left with a whole lot without McGary, he's critical to return for another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Get them all, please. Foul trouble.
                Townes is already committed to UK. Calipari's slick move of coaching the D.R. National team paid off.

Comment

• I think I just fell in love with that Zimmerman video. The rare white dude with long arms.
                  The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• There's some talk of Andrew Dakich (Dan's son) coming to Michigan as a preferred walk-on. He played AAU ball with Donnal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VbgK9ZzyUE"]Andrew Dakich Highlight Mixtape - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Dakich might stop picking on us during broadcasts, but not worth it IMO. His son can't be that good.

Comment

• I was having the same discussion with my brother today. No sense in recruiting a borderline backcourt guy this year, he won't be good enough to play significant minutes and will get recruited over the next 2 years. Walk on or nothing.

Comment

• btw, Hack-Apparently Beilein said that GRIII is moving to the three and they are gonna put another big at the four.

You are welcome.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• '14 is the year that we need to cash on the tournament run we had. Zimmerman tooks terrific, but he is '15. I hope that JB aims high enough.

The thing that is comforting about JB is that he seems to be able to adjust his "system" to the players he has. IF he moves GRIII to the SF, I don't think he will make McGary play PF. JB likes to play with a penetrating PG, three SF spaced and one big. I'm not so sure that Irvin is not better than Hardaway right now. So it comes down to the PG, just like two years ago.

Comment

• Drake Harris is friends with Devin Booker (2014) and he's already trying to get him here.

Comment

• That would be a coup. Booker is a top 15 recruit.

Comment

Working...
                                X