Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It might've been because there was some confusion as to whether he was going to be with the '11 or '12 class. I'm just speculating.

From the latest video I watched,
    Mitch McGary scored the ball inside and out as he led the SYF Players to the Pitt Jam Fest 17U silver championship. This 7-minute long scouting video features almost every play that McGary was involved in during SYF’s first four games at the tournament: Click here for more of our coverage from the Pittsburgh Jam […]

he has a lot of tools but he's a bit out of control. Still, looks like a big defensive presence and pretty good athleticism. If he can smooth out the rough edges, he'd be great. He's still got more upside than any big we have right now.

If Darius goes, I'm guessing we'd offer him.
    Last edited by *JD*; April 19, 2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Write-up on "Trey" Robinson. This guy lists him at 6'8". Judging from the video I saw, I'd say he's at least grown to 6'6" but he didn't look 6'8" to me. He may still get there, though.

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]FwyU4UtLZwE[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjMrpuH7JlQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Nik Stauskas - Doubt no more[/ame]

Comment

• Rivals latest rankings for the Class of 2012 have GR III at #50 and Stauskas at #89 in their top 100. I think Robinson is now Beilein's highest ranked recruit. I'm pretty sure Smotrycz was around #57.

Also, a guy that Michigan has been recruiting for a while (Mitch McGary) has now vaulted all the way up to #5 in their rankings. He was somewhere around #80 a year ago, I think. He's getting offers from a lot of places now so I'm not sure how much on his radar we are but he is AAU teammates with GR III.

From the highlights I've seen, he still looks a little out of control but has a lot of ability. Since we now have that scholarship available with Darius' departure, I hope we can last some sort of talented big man. Jordan Hare (6'8", 210, #96 Rivals) is another guy that Michigan has been recruiting and he's a Michigan kid.

I guess with Darius leaving, we could go for more help at the PG position but it sounds like the 2013 class in state is loaded with PG talent so we may hold off and just hope Stauskas, who has some ball-handling skills can back up Burke at times (along with Brundidge) in the '12-'13 season.
            Last edited by *JD*; May 16, 2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Sometimes I feel really weird following what High School kids are doing (in basketball & football recruiting) as I'm getting further and further removed from those years.

Still, I find it interesting to see if Michigan is going to get better and the information is so much easier to find than 20 years ago so I continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                Sometimes I feel really weird following what High School kids are doing (in basketball & football recruiting) as I'm getting further and further removed from those years.
                JD? If you know the movie, you know the line!
                Attached Files

Comment

• I should be doing some more L-I-V-I-N instead of caring who Michigan signs....all right all right all right....

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                    I should be doing some more L-I-V-I-N instead of caring who Michigan signs....all right all right all right....
                    lol "all right all right all right"
                    2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Glad to see Glen Robinson Jr. ranked where he belongs, he's a difference maker imo.

Comment

• Glenn the Third, that is and, yes, he looks like he'll be an impact player.

Comment

• smooth G with range has his fathers traits with much better handles,comitted to Michigan ranked in top 50 for class of 2012.

A video that shows his increased explosion...helps understand his jump tot he top 50 in his class.

Comment

• He doesn't need to be 6'10" if he's that athletic, many were hoping he'd grow into a PF eventually but I'd rather him keep his athletic ability and explosiveness.

Comment

• Have a friend that coaches AAU in Indiana. Says that he has twice seen JB scouting a kid named Austin Hatch. Feels that he will play for M unless a marquee name like Duke comes calling. Don't know if he would be a good get or not and probably more speculation at this point.

Comment

• Hatch has been mentioned at the umhoops site. Currently, Rivals has him listed at 6'6" and ESPN has him at 6'1". UMhoops splits the difference and lists him at 6'4".

I'm guessing ESPN hasn't seen him recently.

Last edited by *JD*; June 11, 2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X