No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talent.. I predict it won't get as much coverage as other events.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Entropy:

There was a fairly good passage from NRO this morning.
      The worst among us do not represent us as a whole, thankfully. William Calley doesn’t represent men and women in uniform. Ward Churchill doesn’t represent professors. Jeffrey Dahmer doesn’t represent chocolate factory employees. Aaron Hernandez does not represent the New England Patriots. Most of us know that. Most of us understand that it’s unfair, inaccurate, and a smear to take the worst individual in a group and contend that all members of a group are “like that.” James Holmes is rare among gun owners. Eric Rudolph is rare among abortion opponents. Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik are rare among Muslims.
      He then goes on to wonder why we're afraid to call this a hate crime -- are we afraid there will be some sort of uprising and backlash against black youth. We -- the American Public -- get it -- there bad, bad people in every group. We don't typically hold that group accountable for the bad apples. So why not just tell it like it is?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And Black Lives Matter does not speak for all black people. We should not demand nuance in some areas and reject it in others.

Broadly speaking though, this is what the early stages of ``ends with mobs and pitchforks'' looks like.

Comment

• talent.. I predict it won't get as much coverage as other events.
          Correct. I actually think it will get appropriate coverage. I think if the acts were the same and the actors were different in certain ways it would get way too much coverage -- as some sort of broad indictment.

But, as it stands, people are aware of it (mostly because of the video -- are kids really that fucking stupid and vainglorious they need to record everything???). The kids are proper fucked. As they should be. And we'll move on. And in the future perhaps it serves as some sort of limit to coverage of a hate crime perpetrated against a minority -- dealer's choice -- AA, non-binary trans man, latino, etc.

Anyway, thought it was worth a mention. Not a whole lot to say on it beyond Froot's comment.
          Last edited by iam416; January 6, 2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Broadly speaking though, this is what the early stages of ``ends with mobs and pitchforks'' looks like.
            Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but that would seem to make these kids more representative of the group than I care to think. As in - at all.

And Black Lives Matter does not speak for all black people
            Of course they don't. They speak for BLM and that's it. I hope no one thinks that someone who takes BLM to task is taking all black folks to task.

Comment

• You should stop doing it then. You did exactly the thing the NRO warns against, and declined to stop when I made exactly the point NRO made.

Comment

• I did not. You can provide the quotes if you wish to press your case. I certainly take BLM to task. You, apparently, equate BLM to Black folks. Ironically enough.

I'll be waiting. Please provide the link to the posts as well showing that I equated "Black Lives Matter [to] for all black people."

Comment

• I know what was said. I've drawn my own conclusions, and if you continue to contradict yourself or display that kind of inconsistency, I'll point it out again. Feel free not to respond.

Comment

• I'll even help you with your search for evidence: http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...ostcount=11538

Have it at. For once, offer some proof. You say I said something. PROVE IT. For once.

Comment

• I tried engaging with you that way, on that report you cherry-picked from, and you got defensive. Maybe that report is the genesis of this, rather than the Easterbrook article. I thought it was very interesting and appreciated that you brought it up, until I came back with a question and you responded with this projection bullshit ("You, apparently, equate BLM to Black folks") that is now your pattern. I have no interest in engaging with you on that level.

Again, feel free to ignore me. As far as I can see each of us are entitled to be here and to do what we do. If in the future you endorse a snippet like that and yet post on a daily basis as if you believe the opposite, I may again choose to point out your inconsistency. Sorry if you don't like that. You shouldn't have tried to pass that bullshit over in the first place.

Comment

• I'll try again:

Have it at. For once, offer some proof. You say I said something. PROVE IT. For once.
                        I even gave you the head start. Shouldn't be too hard to find. I rarely delete posts and I know I haven't deleted any concerning BLM.

Prove it. You have accused me of making certain statements. Prove it.

Comment

• Finally, the discussion is there for all to read. I read back through it and wouldn't change a word I posted. I thought SLF's endorsement at the end was well-deserved.

You an recast it any way you want and make up whatever assertions you want about me and what I've said.

I, however, did err in addressing what I thought was an innocuous post. I need to do better than ignoring 99% of those. That's my fault. I get that you really, REALLY don't like me in a very genuine, visceral way. I'll try to get up to 100% so as not to provoke some hostile response. That doesn't mean they'll stop -- I still may use quotation marks or other punctuation inappropriately, but I'll just have to run that risk.
                          Last edited by iam416; January 6, 2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• STFU.

Comment

• Trump says that the Russian Hacking allegations are "a political witch hunt"

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X