No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortunately, no one really cares about Rick Perry getting whacked. I can barely work myself up to care. I more care that I was hoodwinked. I need a sharper eye. And I'm nearly 100% cynic.

Anyway, the Politico article is considerably better. Nothing groundbreaking, but a nice large-scale synthesis piece. And it has pretty figures, though some aren't particularly decipherable.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Well, I mean, it was pretty big.
      Totally agree here. I am suggesting that the counterevidence- the answer of "Yep" to a question that included the answer, and the existence of a nuclear plant out by Lubbock- doesn't exactly provide a resounding refutation of the point either. Kinda leaves us with the Rick Perry we'd expect. LOL :sob:

Comment

• Happy Pool of Vomit Day, everyone!

Comment

• Perry's testimony about what he would do as head of the DOE was at odds with Trump's energy boasts and at odds with reports that the Trump administration is going to cut at the DOE. Long story short, Perry is a lot more green and renewable friendly than you would think.

Haley seemed ok, but again her answers on NATO and Russia were in conflict with Trump. Same with Mattis.

Good luck to Trump trying to cut 10 trillion according to that report. They tried that a few years back and could barely get a majority of Republicans to sign on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            Totally agree here. I am suggesting that the counterevidence- the answer of "Yep" to a question that included the answer, and the existence of a nuclear plant out by Lubbock- doesn't exactly provide a resounding refutation of the point either. Kinda leaves us with the Rick Perry we'd expect. LOL :sob:
            Even if that question was an opportunity for Perry to pretend to know in 2014, it does seemingly establish that the concept isn't new to him now.

I thought this was a tell. It's as unthoughtful and misleading as calling Obama a ``community leader'':

For Mr. Moniz, the future of nuclear science has been a lifelong obsession; he spent his early years working at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center. Mr. Perry studied animal husbandry and led cheers at Texas A&M University.

Oddly, for a hit job, you'd think they would have done a better job highlighting his famous oops moment, rather than burying it 15 paragraphs down. The NYT is just so inexplicable sometimes.

Comment

• reposting.... seems relevant today.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• CNN has been asking "what if" questions about a Trump/Pence assassination. Interesting idea. Let's take it further.
                What if state run schools (public schools) vanished tomorrow? What would people do? Would they use Khan Academy and Coursera, followed by SAT subject tests? Would they form low cost teaching collectives? Would they use educational software? What amazing forms of education would they turn to?
                If the military was 90 percent smaller, what would we do? Would we focu...s on defense instead of world policing? Would our NATO allies have to pay for their own military, instead of leeching off ours? What would we do with the thousands of dollars in savings per person? Would we see major growth in startups? Would we see developments in existing businesses? More jobs?
                What if all agricultural subsidies vanished tomorrow? Would farmers start growing the healthier foods the free market demands? Would drink makers start using sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup? Would we see less disease and lower healthcare costs?
                What if the DEA and the entire drug war vanished? Would we see less violence, because drug companies could settle their disputes by calling their credit card companies, instead of resorting to violence? Would violent Mexican cartels immediately go out of business?
                What other agencies, laws, and departments could we "assassinate"? What improvements would we see?
                In Liberty,
                Arvin Vohra
                Vice Chair
                Libertarian Party

Comment

• "To be clear, I have stated no opinion or position on charter schools."

I've stated no opinion or position on charter schools, but I certainly have stated my opinion and position on Geezer

Comment

• Heh.

Comment

• We are truly fucked.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• WTF is this? A campaign speech.

Fuuuuuuuuuck
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I feel for you CVGT, you are right in the middle of Trump land.

Comment

• we are not fucked because of trump.. we are fucked because America is full of Americans.

btw... in 4 yrs it will be interesting to reread these posts to see how much of the doom and gloom actually came true. My suspicions still his he won't get much done.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              we are not fucked because of trump.. we are fucked because America is full of Americans.
                              Finally coming around.

Comment

• Trump's first racist act as President was kicking a black family out of their home.

Many more to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X