• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA:

hi
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Iraqi intepreter who's worked with the US military for a decade is freed after being detained and close to deportation after Trump's no Iraqis ban

Comment

• The executive order also applies to green card holders.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• According to Trump, the executive order also applies to US Citizens with dual citizenship
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Give him time, there's no plan, just figuring it out as he goes. Like everything else.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/825445791905021952[/ame]

Comment

• If I understand EO's correctly, what Trump is doing with them does not require input from any Department within the Executive Branch.

That doesn't mean I agree with any of them with regard to stated policy or intent that he has signed.

What this sort of activity does signal is a rather obvious use of governance, under his legal authority (subject to Judicial review) by the President.

Lincoln is attributed with signing the first EO, The Emancipation Proclamation, although Presidents before him used this authority frequently but under different terms. FDR issued 3500 of them, 5, maybe more of them, overturned as unconstitutional, by Judicial Review.

I wouldn't be too concerned about all of this; IMO it is a lot of show and ultimately will cause many problems for DJT both nationally and internationally. We've already seen that in the case of Mexico. There will be more.

....... get's out the popcorn.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  If I understand EO's correctly, what Trump is doing with them does not require input from any Department within the Executive Branch.

That doesn't mean I agree with any of them with regard to stated policy or intent that he has signed.

What this sort of activity does signal is a rather obvious use of governance, under his legal authority (subject to Judicial review) by the President.

Lincoln is attributed with signing the first EO, The Emancipation Proclamation, although Presidents before him used this authority frequently but under different terms. FDR issued 3500 of them, 5, maybe more of them, overturned as unconstitutional, by Judicial Review.

I wouldn't be too concerned about all of this; IMO it is a lot of show and ultimately will cause many problems for DJT both nationally and internationally. We've already seen that in the case of Mexico. There will be more.

....... get's out the popcorn.
                  You're right, Trump requires no input or consultations with his Cabinet. However, everything I'm reading suggests that no clue as to how to implement the Order was really passed on to DHS or SecState.

Perhaps this will blow up in Trump's face. I dunno. Individual stories of injustice are emerging and will paint this extremely negatively. Even Fox just now was fairly down on it. Slowly but surely some Republicans like Ben Sasse are speaking out against Trump.

Iran already announced they are now banning Americans from entering the country. Iraq is threatening to do the same and even might start expelling Americans who are involved in the fight against ISIS. This also impacts people living in Canada or Europe...anyone that has dual citizenship in any of the 7 countries is also banned. People born in the 7 countries who currently have visa or green cards (!) are banned from reentry. I just read of a Iranian-British citizen, who's lived in London most of her life, who got taken off her flight from Brazil because there was a connection in NYC.

I dunno...if he had limited it to just refugees, this might've gone by with a lot of protests from the Left but shrugs from most others. But he decided to go the whole Trump and ban EVERYONE from certain countries...and even Fox News keeps pointing out that Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are much bigger terror threats than just about all of the countries on the list.
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 28, 2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/SenSasse/status/825465090866573313[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/825471968019374080[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/825476724385267713[/ame]

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/825495842945716224[/ame]

Apparently the NYC taxi union has begun a temporary strike refusing all pick ups/dropoffs at JFK Airport until the detained people are released. Uber's CEO has also been critical of the blanket ban.

Comment

• Making millions of new enemies this week, and thinning the ranks of Muslims who live here and go back to their home countries and serve as a counterpoint and a source of common sense. America is a bigger target now, and less secure. Islamic terrorists want to draw a reaction and to lure Western soldiers into a fight, and now they know that an attack on US soil will very likely bring a faster, wilder and more reckless response than ever before. Security community has its work cut out for it now...

Comment

• What a shitshow.

My aunt and uncle are concerned about visiting me from Scotland now. Scotland. I want to reassure them, but with Trump...I just don't know.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            What a shitshow.

My aunt and uncle are concerned about visiting me from Scotland now. Scotland. I want to reassure them, but with Trump...I just don't know.
                            He has a golf course there....Scotland is fine.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                              He has a golf course there....Scotland is fine.
                              Heh.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/ObsoleteDogma/status/825509081796472832[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X