No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God bless the leakers. Much as Geezer tries to insist the President is a genius, he is clearly a buffoon.

Trump called 'timeout" during a phone call with Putin to ask his aides what the START nuclear treaty was, then told Putin it was a "bad deal"

Comment

• Uh-oh, Geezer. Chaffetz has been a meek puppy dog up till this point. Now even HE is being critical

[ame]https://twitter.com/AP/status/829772109274574850[/ame]

Comment

• Steve "What have non-whites ever contributed to civilization?" King getting increasingly annoyed that Trump has still not repealed DACA, despite promising him that he'd do it Day 1

Republican Congressman Steve King said Wednesday that President Donald Trump should have repealed Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA), on his first day in office.

Comment

• The amount of time and money just being pissed away on meaningless shit is mind boggling.

Comment

• 91 % of all education budget comes at state and local level

9% comes from the feds

no child left behind has been repealed replaced by every student succeeds act turning over performance standardized testing back to the states

seems like the haters would want devoss gone at the state level and promoted to the fed where she cant do as much harm

how much we spend per student

what states do the best on ACT's

How does your state's ACT scores compare to the rest of the United States? Find out all ACT scores by state here.

like to see it broken down further by public vs charter
            Last edited by crashcourse; February 9, 2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Well, now she's both, so....

Comment

• Leaked DHS memo estimates Trump's Wall will cost over $21 B, nearly double what Trump has been claiming, and will take nearly his entire term to build

Comment

• Hack:

Thanks for reading the article and the reply.

I agree with your point that it seems that now, men, in particular, seem to be dropping out of the workforce by not moving to where the jobs are. I read an analysis of that demographic change in the NR, and the writer was saying that this is partly the result of the effects of feminism.

Comment

• Boom!

That is all.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• (1) Again: corruption starts with influence peddling, which the Clintons are probably guilty of doing. (2) As is almost every single other person in Washington. You'd have to prosecute all of Washington if you wanted to eliminate that. (3) If you only wanted to prosecute Clintons, or pretend that what they did is exceptional, then you are in support of the selective enforcement of laws in order to persecute a political enemy. You know better.
                      What I said was:

1.) The Clintons are (probably) guilty of influence peddling, which is corruption.
                      2.) Everyone in Washington does the same thing, ie, is corrupt.
                      3.) Therefore, the Clintons should not be prosecuted since to do so would be selective enforcement of laws and persecution of a political adversary.

What the heck is "sneaky" about my interpretation?

Comment

• SEE YOU IN COURT! ALL CAPS!

Comment

• 160 K seems a little steep for an IT worker that young, but it's not that far out of the ballpark. It all depends on how rare the skill is. Especially is it is contract work.

A guy I work with is employed on a Corp 2 Corp contract, he takes bids on jobs and the last one he told me about he gave them a quote of 125 dollars an hour for a 2-3 month job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                            What I said was:

1.) The Clintons are (probably) guilty of influence peddling, which is corruption.
                            2.) Everyone in Washington does the same thing, ie, is corrupt.
                            3.) Therefore, the Clintons should not be prosecuted since to do so would be selective enforcement of laws and persecution of a political adversary.

What the heck is "sneaky" about my interpretation?
                            #3. I didn't say that. If you asked me whether absolutely everyone in Washington should be prosecuted, well, setting aside practical questions about the capacity of the courts to handle that and the cost of such a huge churn to institutional knowledge, I'm all for it.

But you're not. There are specific things Trump is doing that are open/shut illegal and conflicts of interest, not to mention the ones that may be technically legal but make a mockery of the concept in a way that's very damaging. Yet you want to call the Clintons corrupt and say ``There is no way Trump can defend himself from the fact that his enterprise value will rise or fall in conjunction with his success as President". GTFO with that stupid crap.

You who goes on about the atomization of power and all that. I doubt you believe a single word of it.

Comment

• $21bn for a freakin wall? Jesus -- take all the Mexicans you're aiming to put out, truck in some dirt, and save some money having them do it by hand.

Surely these figures are spun in order to torpedo the project.

Comment

• Reading the court's ruling on upholding the ban of the ban, it ALMOST sounds like they don't trust the White House or the administration. Fucking shocking!

Comment

Working...
                                X