Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Some have more acid than others and the acid dominates. Some have a richer, less "bright" flavor and the acid takes a back seat. I'd imagine it has to do with the roast as much as the bean used.

Just my take on it. I'm not a coffee expert by any means.
    Me neither, but I'm all for low-acid. I've tried cold-brew at home, but it's just kinda weird tasting and inconvenient to make.

Comment

• Big fan of DD coffee as well. We have a great little coffee shop in Parkville that I think does a great job as well.

Not a big starbucks fan... or Tim Hortons..
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        DD should be doing it's own version of the Pepsi challenge. It can be awfully hard to tell the difference between it and the $15/bag roasters-du-jour.

I have done the same with vodka. Pinnacle vs Goose in a mixed drink. If you're a vodka aficionado, you may be able to tell straight. With OJ, cran, whatever? Not so much.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Of course, any sane President could easily rewrite the EO to make it clear that it does not apply to folks that have previously been granted to right to come to the US. And that would be that. He would, IMO, win in the Supreme Court. Personally, I'd have an EO ready to go and drop it as soon as the DCt invalidates the original or during the pendency of the appeal -- buy yourself enough time to get the Supreme Court back up to 9 and go in with a more sensible EO.

However, that's absolutely not what will happen. He'll take it to the Supreme Court as quickly as possible. Because he's DJT.
          Well said.

This is a reason why Trump could be a disaster waiting to happen. Ego, all ego, all the time.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/830094378983100418[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/830095089447870465[/ame]

Comment

• Moderate R's have to feel stuck right now.. I would guess they'll start speaking about the approach to help their elections in 2 yrs.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• SLF:
                I disagree with your reading, especially as to the deference shown. The Feds failed to provide or cite ANY evidence to support the need for the ban. They were essentially saying that they do not need to show any work, and the court said "nah. You got to have some reason.
                You are wrong because you have reversed the burden of proof, as did the 9th Circuit. This is a TRO. The folks seeking the TRO have the burden of proof. WA had to show first standing, then irreparable damage.

Besides, protecting the homeland is a plenary power for the executive. Naturalization is a power of Congress that it has ceded to the executive.
                Last edited by Da Geezer; February 10, 2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sorry to see that Trump has nixed Elliot Abrams for #2 at the State Dept, because the guy's a creep.

However, Trump vetoed him simply because Abrams was highly critical of Trump during the campaign.

Comment

• froot:
                    ....No matter how shoddy the work, they are arguing that he has the power The big difference is Trump can just write a better executive order that addresses the concern.
                    Correct. A sensible man would eat humble pie, rescind the first EO and follow it immediately with a "new" EO that excludes visa holders and green card holders. Then our "sensible man" would simply announce with some humility that he tried to follow the decision of the 9th Circuit. That wouldn't change the 9th Circuit's mind and they would knock down the new EO. At that point, the legal issues would be clearer, because no one would be harmed (and certainly not irreparably).

Comment

• I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't have an opinion on Tim Hortons in that respect, but they had this Angus Steak Breakfast wrap that was exquisite. Unfortunately I may have been the only one to hold that opinion so it's no longer on the menu.

Comment

• No idea how to tell vodkas apart from each other. Aren't they all the same save for the hangover factor?

Comment

• From what I understand, Vodka is mostly branding.

I saw something about Vodka (tv I think, might have been net) where they had a "connoisseur" do a blind testing. He tried some really cheap and really expensive Vodkas.

Turned out that he thought the cheap $10 a half gallon Popov was the best.

I'll see if I can find it.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I find vodkas really hit or miss. I've found some can be very, very smooth, great in vodka/tonic or on the rocks. But some of the more expensive ones do taste about the same as the off the shelf stuff. But yeah, if you're mixing with a bunch of stuff, yeah don't worry about it.

I'm not a wine drinker, but I've seen similar taste tests where wine "experts" can't tell the difference between a $20 bottle and a $500 bottle, or even prefer the cheaper stuff.

Comment

• I thought the whole premise behind vodka was that it lacked taste, as so the shitass Russians could produce it to an acceptable degree.

Comment

• lol...

[ame]https://twitter.com/brennawilliams/status/830121323603042304[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X