Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
    I thought the whole premise behind vodka was that it lacked taste, as so the shitass Russians could produce it to an acceptable degree.
    My impression as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      SLF:

You are wrong because you have reversed the burden of proof, as did the 9th Circuit. This is a TRO. The folks seeking the TRO have the burden of proof. WA had to show first standing, then irreparable damage.

Besides, protecting the homeland is a plenary power for the executive. Naturalization is a power of Congress that it has ceded to the executive.
      I might be wrong, but not for the reasons you said. It wasn't an appeal of the TRO, it was a request for a stay. The state was right when it said the Feds should have sought a mandamus.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• This is not the one I was talking about, but it is interesting.

[ame]https://youtu.be/yCrKjZrg-eA[/ame]
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
          I find vodkas really hit or miss. I've found some can be very, very smooth, great in vodka/tonic or on the rocks. But some of the more expensive ones do taste about the same as the off the shelf stuff. But yeah, if you're mixing with a bunch of stuff, yeah don't worry about it.

I'm not a wine drinker, but I've seen similar taste tests where wine "experts" can't tell the difference between a $20 bottle and a $500 bottle, or even prefer the cheaper stuff.
          There's a documentary on Netflix called Sour Grapes about a guy who created a bunch of fake raw wines and sold them for thousands of dollars without people realizing.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'm not a vodka guy. I have it for guests. One of my friends has a wife who will only drink "Goose or better".

So, I took an empty Goose bottle and filled it with Pinnacle. She had no idea.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              I'm not a vodka guy. I have it for guests. One of my friends has a wife who will only drink "Goose or better".
              She's probably too snobby for Shasta as well. Only RC or better.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Exactly. That's Ogallala snobby, but not quite North Platte snobby.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You should see South Platte folks. Major douches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                    You should see South Platte folks. Major douches.

lmao

Comment

• Vodkas essentially all taste the same because they are distilled liquor not aged or blended

Comment

• Trump's going to craft a brand new EO, supposedly. Giving up on this one at either the Supreme Court or back at Distict

SEE U IN COURT!

CORRECTION: Sounds like they may write a new EO but pursue a WIN back in Seattle
                        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 10, 2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Buy my Trump Vodka. It is the best! Other vodkas cannot compare!

Comment

• AA's Pearls of Wisdom. Part I:

- Do not pick a fight with a man with a crooked nose and misshapen ears. Trust me. It won't end well.

- There is probably a bar named Shenanigans or Rendezvous in your town. Stay away from it. It's trouble.

- if you have an ongoing affair, just plan on it going public. The odds that it won't are 0%.

- If your woman says "don't worry about getting a gift for (fill in event)," she is lying.

- Tim Horton's has shit coffee and donuts.

Comment

• One of the most memorable fights I saw growing up in Louisiana was two Cajun boys in a town called Madisonville. One pulled a Phillips's head screwdriver, punched a hole in the other guy's gut and left it there. That guy pulled the screwdriver out and stuck it in the neck of his opponent. Blood spurted hard and he dropped like he has been shot. The "winner" then pulled his pants down and pissed on his fallen opponent before passing out himself.

Both ended up in the hospital and both lived to tell about it.

Comment

• Mike Illich died. Best owner in sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X