No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Make America Great people, wrongly detaining and targeting innocents isn't a bug, it's a feature. You will get praise from the superiors when you target someone for their religion.

Comment

• LMAO...clown show

[ame]https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/835998273789964289[/ame]

Comment

• There's been an effort by a number of conservatives in recent decades (Jonah Goldberg among them) to turn fascism into a purely 'left-wing" phenomenon.
        I don't recall reading anything from Goldberg or others about how fascism is "purely a 'left-wing' phenomenon." I do recall reading numerous things correctly calling out left-wing fascism.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I don't recall reading anything from Goldberg or others about how fascism is "purely a 'left-wing' phenomenon." I do recall reading numerous things correctly calling out left-wing fascism.
          I haven't read it but isn't the point of his book "Liberal Fascism" that liberals and not conservatives are the heirs to fascist philosophy?

Comment

• I haven't read it either! I believe his point is that fascism has progressive roots. I'm not sure he says (or would say) that you have to be a Liberal/Progressive to be a fascist.

In any event, at this point the word almost has no meaning to me as it's thrown around so loosely. Personally, I take it to mean tending toward some form of totalitarianism, be it autocratic or collective, or something of the like. But I think as it's used it pretty much just means "YOU SUCK!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              In any event, at this point the word almost has no meaning to me as it's thrown around so loosely. Personally, I take it to mean tending toward some form of totalitarianism, be it autocratic or collective, or something of the like. But I think as it's used it pretty much just means "YOU SUCK!!!"
              Correct.

Comment

• Fascist.

Comment

• Overwhelmingly pro-Trump town in southern Illinois finds itself divided when a well-known and well-liked member of the community gets rounded up to be deported

Residents have only good things to say about Juan Carlos Hernandez Pacheco, but his arrest by immigration agents has left his Illinois town in a muddle.

Comment

• Strikes me that since OP left we don't talk fashion and style nearly enough. That stops now. Here's a picture of my new boots. Do you think they would look good with jeans too?

Comment

• Fascist has become a pejorative catchall for authoritarian or totalitarian. But the fascist parties in Europe started as far right. In the standard left right spectrum they were located on the reactionary or radical reactionary part of the scale. In Political Science classes the left right spectrum isn't actually a straight line, more like a circle where radical reactionarry and radical revolutionary nearly touch.

Comment

• 500 Jewish headstones tipped over in Philadelphia area last night.

Now, who do you think did it? The right or the left. I'll say the pro-muslim, pro-Palistinian, anti-Jewish left.

This goes to Talent's point. The word fascism has very little meaning now. But I still think it has an anti-Jewish component, which, in the US today, is left/Democrat rather than right/Republican.

Comment

• Oh. I see the Russians hacked the Oscars last night, somehow putting the wrong card in the Best Picture envelope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Overwhelmingly pro-Trump town in southern Illinois finds itself divided when a well-known and well-liked member of the community gets rounded up to be deported

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/27/u...heco.html?_r=0
                            I wonder what Geezer will think when they come for his "hard working" illegal immigrant family with the adorable little girl that all of his conservative neighbors love and will protect?

Oh, wait. Geezer tells us it could never happen.
                            Last edited by CGVT; February 27, 2017, 11:46 AM.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              I wonder what Geezer will think when they come for his "hard working" illegal immigrant family with the adorable little girl that all of his conservative neighbors love and will protect?

Oh wait. Geezer tells us it could never happen.
                              I'm sure he would be the first to give her up by pointing his friends in ICE right to her. He would then blame the left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                Now, who do you think did it? The right or the left. I'll say the pro-muslim, pro-Palistinian, anti-Jewish left.
                                I don't know who did it, and I feel no need to speculate or twist myself into silly intellectual knots along the way, but I do know what caused it.

Comment

Working...
                                X