Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    You are vehemently opposed to reading a book you'd agree with because a lefty brought it up, and you're claiming that faked videos are real violence. That's not open-minded, informed, or nuanced.
    I didn't oppose reading a book. I opposed the nonsense conclusion about the "three plagues", for a variety of reasons that I have stated here, the most important being their relevance to today's topics.

I didn't claim that faked videos are real violence. Non-faked videos are real violence.

Comment

• I forgot about how many bombings happened in the late 60s-early 70s on campuses. I mean, they didn't typically kill anyone, but they were still bombs. Quite the tumultuous time.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Let's see Hanni... children's hospital of Orange County is saving over 1m a year by funding mobile asthma clinics and keeping kids out of emergency rooms. They also have shown compliance to meds is up 60% compared to ED visits

Or Truman health using mobile clinics to care for the homeless or those without insurance. That investment is saving them hundreds of thousands a year

I don't know who negotiated with your insurance or the margins they are gaining. I can tell you how orgs that are delivering health and care are reducing costs and much of that is through preventative care. But I just live this.. what do I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Geezer I'm not interested in any discussion about whether Obama bin laden goes in the same bucket as Bill Ayers. That's fucking stupid. I put that in the same bucket as Hannibal claiming he knows more about the Soviets than Kapuscinski. You two are both very good examples of the type of problems he is talking about.

Comment

• Have you ever thought about the substantial difference between Right and Left in their view of Islam?

What do you want me to think about?
            Well... IMO, the right views Muslims as another group of immigrants who dislike the US and have no willingness to assimilate. The left views them as anti-Christian, and thus helpful in creating an anti-Christian polity. Frankly, much of the left sees Christianity as a big problem. That certainly is true on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I forgot about how many bombings happened in the late 60s-early 70s on campuses. I mean, they didn't typically kill anyone, but they were still bombs. Quite the tumultuous time.
              The Unabomber killed some people. Depending on what you believe about how pervasive left-wing politics is on campuses, you could call that left-wing violence or left>left violence.

Comment

• Snyder is a mixed bag, he did good helping Detroit getting out of the bankruptcy mess. He and his administration have been an embarrassment on the Flint fiasco that continues. He is not a guy to stand up to hardliners in the GOP. Expect him to fold if push came to shove on Medicaid block grants.
                Sums him up fairly well, though speculating on Medicaid (?) is just that. Paul Ryan would still have to get his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  Let's see Hanni... children's hospital of Orange County is saving over 1m a year by funding mobile asthma clinics and keeping kids out of emergency rooms. They also have shown compliance to meds is up 60% compared to ED visits

Or Truman health using mobile clinics to care for the homeless or those without insurance. That investment is saving them hundreds of thousands a year

I don't know who negotiated with your insurance or the margins they are gaining. I can tell you how orgs that are delivering health and care are reducing costs and much of that is through preventative care. But I just live this.. what do I know...

Fake news!

Comment

• Geezer I'm not interested in any discussion about whether Obama bin laden goes in the same bucket as Bill Ayers. That's fucking stupid.
                    Freudian slip much?

Comment

• The Unabomber killed some people. Depending on what you believe about how pervasive left-wing politics is on campuses, you could call that left-wing violence or left>left violence
                      I was thinking more of Weather Underground/SDS stuff. Though I don't think they killed anyone, but there were other campus bombings by like groups protesting the Vietnam War that did. And there isn't much doubt as to which end of the spectrum they are on.

Kaczynski is just a nut.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        Let's see Hanni... children's hospital of Orange County is saving over 1m a year by funding mobile asthma clinics and keeping kids out of emergency rooms. They also have shown compliance to meds is up 60% compared to ED visits

Hypertension clinics reducing stroke and MI.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          Well... IMO, the right views Muslims as another group of immigrants who dislike the US and have no willingness to assimilate. The left views them as anti-Christian, and thus helpful in creating an anti-Christian polity. Frankly, much of the left sees Christianity as a big problem. That certainly is true on this forum.
                          Yeah but the right doesn't know what it's talking about. The mass of Muslims are assimilating and want to do so. I shared a concrete example up higher -- being here has made them rethink how they build their houses of worship, for chrissakes. I don't know how anyone purports to know whether they are assimilating or not without having a point of comparison. Go see who they are in their home countries and compare. Come back to me when you've done so.

As for how the left views them, that too sounds like an unsupported assertion. I definitely see Christianity as a big problem. It's trying to curtail my liberties. I have no problem with religious faith on a personal level. If it's a code by which you live your life then that is your business. When it rises to a movement that tries to tell others what to do or assets an inherent superiority, that's dangerous. Then you add on the expansionism and the delusions of being the one true belief system that will rule them all, of course after violent upheaval as predicted in the holy books and as desired by the fundamentalists.

But I don't know that anyone on the left views Islam as helpful in creating an anti-Christian polity. They're less than 1% of the population. You could offer something to support your view, but it still wouldn't seem to be more than some small group's pet theory. Like how gays were infiltrating schools.

Comment

• I can even bring a personal example... which would have been cheaper? Finding my cancer in stage one through an annual exam and having surgery to remove or finding it in stage 3 or 4 after it invaded my heart and lungs?

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• hack -- any time that you want to follow your own advice and actually try to have some debates based on the merits of ideas, be my guest. "This guy's an expert and he's smarter than you" might be good enough for you, but it isn't good enough for me. Experts who were supposedly smarter than me have been guilty of some abhorrently stupid and psychologically dysfunctional ideas ever put forth by mankind.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Snyder is a mixed bag, he did good helping Detroit getting out of the bankruptcy mess. He and his administration have been an embarrassment on the Flint fiasco that continues. He is not a guy to stand up to hardliners in the GOP. Expect him to fold if push came to shove on Medicaid block grants.
                                I don't know enough to comment, but he's been criticized for being undemocratic in how the bankruptcy went down and how he's forced emergency managers on places. I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X