No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct. HARBAUGH!!!! is the RUSH!!!! of head coaches.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      http://www.ted.com/talks/jason_fried...happen_at_work

I've wondered recently why companies invest in more office space or investors are building office parks. I do see a future where more roles are work from home and companies save money on real-estate. A virtual office is certainly more realistic today than even 5 yrs ago.

A decent TED talk on office "work"
      I think the pendelum is swinging more towards working at an office. For about 10 years, I didn't have a cubicle or office space. Lately most places are moving away from that trend. I'm not sure if it is to justify real estate costs or because some people working from home can tend to do nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Rush is horrible, too.
        That's some Weapons Grade trolling right there.

Comment

• Kids are very lucky that they have iPods nowadays. They will never have the experience of going on a long road trip where the driver only brought one or two really shitty music tapes with them.

Comment

• Rush's music is largely devoid of any sort of personality, warmth or character. Harbaugh is really the Grateful Dead of coaches. Excellence in his own way, grounded in tradition, a bit mystical, blew up in the Bay Area, and really pisses off a lot of people.

Comment

• Good lord.

I come to the forum today, wondering what you lefties will think of Trump's performance, a gain of 300 points on the Dow, and a market above 21,000. What is the discussion? Since 9:20, all about terrible songs from the 80s and 90s.

So disappointing.....so very disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                I think the pendelum is swinging more towards working at an office. For about 10 years, I didn't have a cubicle or office space. Lately most places are moving away from that trend. I'm not sure if it is to justify real estate costs or because some people working from home can tend to do nothing.

I think roles where you can measure productivity are just fine working from home or the office. I think culture is more difficult with a virtual workforce, so I'm not suggesting it's better. But the ability to do so is becoming easier and easier. In certain jobs, like billings coders for a health system, the demand is so high that working from home is standard practice. It will be interesting to see which direction that heads..
                Last edited by entropy; March 1, 2017, 12:55 PM.
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  Kids are very lucky that they have iPods nowadays. They will never have the experience of going on a long road trip where the driver only brought one or two really shitty music tapes with them.
                  no kidding... they've also missed the "joys" of holding your tape recorder to the radio to capture your favorite songs.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    no kidding... they've also missed the "joys" of holding your tape recorder to the radio to capture your favorite songs.
                    Just push down on RECORD while on the Radio setting.

Also...Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      Kids are very lucky that they have iPods nowadays. They will never have the experience of going on a long road trip where the driver only brought one or two really shitty music tapes with them.
                      I had to roadtrip to Columbia, MO once with the driver playing the Rocky IV soundtrack.

That is some terrible shit.

Comment

• I've worked mostly from home for, shudder, 13 years. Time flies. I've had periods where I've rented office space, and that's helped. For me personally it's all about the quality of the work I'm doing. Until 2013 things were mostly good. The work I do for my main client went very fast. That company is going downhill though and I work for them less and my productivity has fallen too. I spread my client mix but nothing matches what I had with them when that company was a healthy and growing concern. I'll gladly go back to salaried work if I find something that I both want and can get, and would be delighted to get out of the house, but there's not a lot of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          Good lord.

I come to the forum today, wondering what you lefties will think of Trump's performance, a gain of 300 points on the Dow, and a market above 21,000. What is the discussion? Since 9:20, all about terrible songs from the 80s and 90s.

So disappointing.....so very disappointing.
                          I would be more impressed with this post if it Da Geezer was posting Dow Jones updates during the Obama administration. It is pretty similar to when he posted one subpar jobs report month but was silent the great job months preceding and succeeding it.

It's been an 8 year bull market, it's taken Da Geezer 8 years to figure it out. A little slow.

Comment

• The President seemed like an actual president -- that IS, sadly, news.

Let's throw him a bone though. Maybe talk about terrible songs from the 30s and 40s.

Comment

• I seen Rush at Cobo back in the 80s wasn't really impressed

Comment

• Wait, the band or Limbaugh?
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X