Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Kevin Williamson with a piece I enjoyed: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-conservatives

Director of National Intelligence under Obama, James Clapper, on Meet the Press:
    Clapper also said in the same interview that he's not aware of ANY request made at the FISA court to wiretap Trump Tower.

As noted, James Comey has also off-the-record denied Trump's allegations.

Comment

• Essentially Trump's team is saying "Obama absolutely 100% wiretapped President Trump and now we would like Congress to prove it as is their responsibility. Nothing further."

It took them over 24 hours to come up with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Clapper also said in the same interview that he's not aware of ANY request made at the FISA court to wiretap Trump Tower.

Both of which go against what's been widely reported and not contested. If I understand this correctly. Which is why I wonder if Comey's ``I can deny that..." phrasing is a parsing.

Comment

• Clapper also said in the same interview that he's not aware of ANY request made at the FISA court to wiretap Trump Tower.

I'd be happy if Clapper was correct on both counts and we could put both things to bed. But, Rutgers has a better chance of winning the Big Ten East than does either of those things going gently in night.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Washington — President Donald Trump on Monday signed a new version of his controversial travel ban, aiming to withstand court challenges while still barring new visas for citizens from six Muslim-majority countries and shutting down the U.S. refugee program.

The revised travel order leaves Iraq off the list of banned countries but still affects would-be visitors from Iran, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen and Libya.

Comment

• If the dumbass has gone with this one out of the gate then he could have saved himself some grief. New visas only.
              Last edited by iam416; March 6, 2017, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Both of which go against what's been widely reported and not contested. If I understand this correctly. Which is why I wonder if Comey's ``I can deny that..." phrasing is a parsing.
                Most of the reporting on the FISA thing amounts to how credible you think Louise Mensch is.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  If the dumbass has gone with this one out of the gate then he could have saved himself some grief. New visas only.
                  Trump previously said that the ban had to take effect immediately with no prior notice else "bad dudes" would flood the country in the week leading up to the ban.

The new EO gives 10 days notice

Comment

• They have to give notice per the Ninth Circuit High Court on Immigration.

Comment

• Ahhhh

The 9th wasn't receptive to the Bad Dudes argument? The Court prob smart enough to realize they are the President's best hope should he ever be kidnapped by ninjas. (Gratuitous 80's reference)

Comment

• The bad dudes rushing in argument has always been ridiculous. But at this point why even argue?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Most of the reporting on the FISA thing amounts to how credible you think Louise Mensch is.
                          I thought that had been corroborated by others. Maybe am mixed up. Couldn't find where I read that.

Comment

• Stephen Hayes (of Weekly Standard) reported earlier today that he's spoken to several (anon) sources at the White House and all agreed that Trump actually had/has no clue if the allegations against Obama are true (though he delivered them, obviously, as if they were a proven fact).

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              I thought that had been corroborated by others. Maybe am mixed up. Couldn't find where I read that.
                              The Guardian is the other one. They reported that the FBI request in the summer was rejected. They did not confirm the claim of Mensch that the second request was granted in October.

Comment

• BBC as well. So, yeah. Ultimately, unclear. Not confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                                X